Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by luluwantstocruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by luluwantstocruise
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: luluwantstocruise
Cruise Date: March 2014
Public Rooms Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated

Enjoyed our cruise

We sailed on 3/16/14 on Carnival Freedom. Check in process was a breeze at the port. Got on the ship around 12:30 and went straight to the Lido deck for lunch. Lines were long to get burgers, but it usually is.

Got to our rooms at 1:45 on the Riviera deck...first time staying there, but it was fine. Luggage was not delivered until after 3:00 pm. Went back up for sail off which did not happen until 6:00 pm, but there were 5 ships in port and we were the last to leave..no biggie. The Coast Guard boat put on a show for us. :).

Our firsty port was Key West. We have been here before by land so we opted to do the hop on and hop off tour and then had lunch at Two Friends Bar. Food was good. Next was a sea day and we enjoyed the ship. It was spring break with lots of college and teen age kids. They never bothered us except on the elevator once. These were high schoolers who were trying to show the ole folks how cool they were......not!

Next port was Grand Caymans. We hopped on the tour with Welcome...he showed us a good time and he was very friendly. Go to Hell...interesting place. He stopped at Tortuga for us to shop. They have good prices here on gifts so I would wait for the Hell shot glasses...half price at Tortuga. Cake is delicious! Went to see the dolpohins next and that was fun to watch tourist in the water with them.We had lunch at a place close to the dock but I can't remember the name of it...wasn't very good to me. Next stop was Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The tourist people are very pushy. We did not enjoy the tour he was taking so we got off at one of the shopping centers and met back yup with our friends. We got great bargains on t shirts, etc. here. We went back on the ship for lunch since it was short port day. Next day was a sea day.

We ate on the Lido deck, the Chic dining (anytime dining) and the Steakhouse. We really dont have any complaints about the food. I really dont see how they feed so many people all day for the price of these cruises...I know what I spend at the grocery store at home! Food was always hot. Our room steward Augustus was very nice and our servers in the dining room were outstanding. Love the entertainment they provide and on the last nite of the cruise, tears came to my eyes when they sang goodbye to us.

The Freedom is an older ship and strange layout, but I liked her. I believe she will soon go into dry dock.

Plenty of entertainment on the ship. I think a cruise is what you make of it anyway. We had fun just sitting on the decks enjoying cocktails and people watching! 3 of the guys even went down the slide to entertain us....we are late 50's and 60's !!! We met some really nice people too......go on this cruise...make it a good one!!

Publication Date: 04/02/14