Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by scarlettpossum: Celebrity Millennium South East Asia Northbound Cruise

scarlettpossum
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Asia Cruises

Celebrity Millennium South East Asia Northbound Cruise

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

We have just returned from this cruise and absolutely loved it. This was our third cruise with Celebrity, having previously sailed on the Century and the Equinox. I do have to say that I thought the ship was showing some signs of age in some areas but this in no way affected our time on board. For us, the staff really make our holiday.

Embarkation: Embarkation was at noon but we were told that there had been a norovirus outbreak on the previous cruise so this would be delayed by 1 hour. This did not happen and the embarkation process was fast and smooth and we were having a drink and lunch in the Oceanview Café by 1.15pm. We could not go to our cabin until 3pm but this was no inconvenience at all.

Cabin: We have previously had balcony cabins but chose an oceanview this time - cabin 3065 - third deck midship. I have to say this was very convenient. Straight up the corridor to Guest Relations, Shore Excursions etc and one floor up to the Martini Bar and main More restaurant. This is obviously not a Solstice class ship and the bathrooms are not as opulent but we were happy with our cabin. I have to say that on our previous cruises we had a balcony cabin which I really missed. However, as Asia was so hot, I do not know how much time we would have spent on the balcony. Our cabin attendant was very good.

Food: We ate most meals in the main dining room. Our one gripe on all cruises is that the food is never hot enough. With Hubby being a Health Inspector, he freaks out about this. The good was good without being wow - very American obviously. We only found out about 10 days into the cruise that there was a separate Asian menu. I wish we had known this a lot earlier as we found this much better. We rarely ate in the buffet - not a fan at all and apart from the station that cooks food to order in the evening, did not really enjoy it. We ate several meals in Bistro on Five ($5 cover charge). Food again was Ok without being great. The exception was the Tom Yum Gai Soup which was so good that we asked for the recipe.

Drinks Package: We were given the Classic Beverage Package as a free extra. We upgraded to the Premium Package for an extra $11 per day and were very glad that we did. I mainly drink NZ Sauvignon Blanc which was $9.50 per glass or Chandon Bubbles which were $10 per glass. We had several martinis - $11 each and other cocktails. Large bottles of Evian water were also included, as was coffees in Café al Bacio and juices and smoothies in the Aqua Spa Café on Deck 10.

Overall experience: We met so many wonderful people on this cruise. The staff, as always are amazing. We loved Katut and Yasa in the Martini Bar and Moses and Bruce in the Cosmos Bar were great fun as were the staff in the Casino.

We do not go to the shows but did see a comedian one night who was very good. We also attended and participated in the improv comedy events and really enjoyed them.

I enjoyed this cruise the most of the 3 that we have been on. Not for the itinerary as we really loved the Mediterranean, but we just found the Millennium to be a really friendly ship. I would cruise on her again in a heartbeat. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>