Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by sumac424

Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: sumac424
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
A Very Disappointing Cruise

My husband and I have cruised on 2 other lines other than NCL. Our experience has left us not wanting to cruise in the future. I have a restricted diet and I called NCL to explain what my food restrictions were. I had trouble getting my food cooked the way that I needed. I had conversations with the people in charge at the Tropicana, the Savory and the Taste eating establishments. We finally got some satisfaction at the Tropicana. They began to bring the menu for the next night so I could place my order so the food could be prepared separately. We preferred assigned seating so you were able to get to know others on the ship. Open seating was not for us. The Casino was so smoked filled that the fumes went within two decks and into the eating establishments. I could not go into the Casinos to gamble because of the unhealthy and stinky air. Having to pay for entertainment and for anything you wanted to drink including water is ridiculous. I can understand paying for alcohol but not for anything else. There was no pop or alcohol packages we were told because it was Spring Break. Spring Break did not have anything to do with my husband and I so why were we penalized.

My husband and I attended one of the Dance Parties and one of the entertainment staff made what I called a rude and offensive gesture towards me. I was appalled and we went back to our stateroom. If you want to watch the same T.V. shows and movies over and over, turn on Channel 29 and 30. I think I can recited some of the scenes by heart.

The excursions were O.K. The excursion that we took on St. Thomas was great. Zip Lining was fun. Our excursion in Atlantis was poor. Not worth the money and not well planned out.

The highlights of the cruise was the Cruise Director Julie and Assistant Cruise Director Joel. Their high energy and professionalism was a breath of fresh air. The High Ropes Course was a great experience. The Climbing Wall and Zip Line on the ship was never opened. Not sure if they were open while we were in port but never while sailing. The ship has a pool area for children and an area for adults. There were children in the adult pool and hot tubs making it difficult for adults to use. The lounge chairs were packed in a line so tightly that we felt like sardines.

If I had to give the cruise a grade, it would be "D" for Don't Sail. I filled out the post cruise survey and expressed my disappointment and I have yet 3 weeks later have heard back from them. Bad customer service from start to finish.

Sue

Publication Date: 04/01/14
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by sumac424
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

More Western Caribbean Reviews