Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by jbone31: Awesome Vacation

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Awesome Vacation

Sail Date: March 2014

We sailed on the Reflection leaving Miami on March 15. We arrived at the Port of Miami by 1030 due to an early flight. Much to our surprise they began check in around 1045 and we were on the ship by 1105. Could not have been happier with how smooth the check in process went.

The ship really is beautiful. I have sailed with NCL, Carnival and RCCL and none compare to what we experienced. Service was outstanding throughout the ship. The staff were friendly and available. Anything we had asked for was granted with a smile and enthusiasm.

The main dining room was lesser quality then we had anticipated. Although it certainly was not bad by any stretch. We did dine three times at the specialty restaurants and found them to be very good. A recommendation for the lawn club would be the last night. It is interactive, if you wish, and offers a casual atmosphere. You can also score 1/2 price dinners there on formal nights if you wait until the day of....

Bars and More lounges on the Reflection were great. We upgraded the 1,2,3 package to the premium package and were thrilled we did. It was beyond nice not having to worry about jacking up our if we were to order another round. in the rare instance that a beverage was above the $13 cut off it was easy to splurge knowing the first $13 was taken off. I was disappointed to hear from some staff that the Michaels Club was likely to close in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Total shame if they do. While the atmosphere lacks (they do nothing to promote this lounge) the concept is awesome. I am a beer guy and the craft beer selection was great. Also afforded me the opportunity to try several different scotches and bourbons. My favorite spot.

It was my first time to all three ports and left us with plenty to do if we chose to return. We did the boat ferry to "downtown" St Maarten. I would pass on that and hit Maho or Orient Beach. Fellow travelers were much happier there. El Morro was worth the hike up the hill in San Juan. St Thomas we did Secret Cove and would pass on that next time. Beach was very average for such a beautiful island.

Leaving the ship was so easy. Through customs in 5 minutes. Little tip... If you have a rental car reservation (just a reservation printout) for Alamo or it appeared other of the major chains they will shuttle your entire party to the airport for free!

Enjoy your trip. I think I am loyal to Celebrity at this stage. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 6175

Room was comfortable but tight. The life boats absolutely block your view down but laying in beg and looking out all you see is water. I would book there again. No noise coming from decks above or below.