Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by ddonalds: Very nice cruise - was nervous based on earlier reviews

Celebrity Millennium 5
ddonalds
Member Since 2004
378 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Very nice cruise - was nervous based on earlier reviews

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

We took the LONG flight to get to Singapore, but the cruise was worth it.... We spent one night in Singapore at the Mandarin Marina - it was beautiful!!! They even sent up a cake to our room because I mentioned to the desk clerk that we were checking in on my husband's birthday.

We went for Aqua Class and it was definitely worth the money. We loved the Blu Restaurant, and it really enhanced the experience. The ship is older, but it was really clean and they spent the entire cruise washing down everything. I had 2 favorite places to hang out - either in the Cosmos lounge during the day or in the coffee bar (I am SO addicted to their drinks - the ginger pear iced tea was unbelieveable!!!). I thought the shows were great and the presentations we went to were quite informative.. We took ship excursions, and they were all pretty good (the ones in Thailand were particularly awesome - not sure if it was the tour, or just because Thailand was so great....). Also, the excursion desk More was amazing to work with. I cancelled several tours and we changed a bunch, and they quickly refunded where appropriate - never a question.... Getting on the ship was tricky because they were running a bit late, but it went fairly well.

Disembarkation was really smooth for us. We stayed at a Marriot in Hong Kong (by the airport) and it was okay. The flight home included an overnight at JFK (where it was REALLY cold) which was somewhat painful - but we finally got home and I'm ALMOST unpacked.... :) Less

Published 04/01/14

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Asia Cruises

Cabin review: 9131

Really nice cabin and a great location. The cabin attendants were excellent!!! They were like ninjas and the room was always spotless....

ddonalds
Member Since 2004
378 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X