Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Bellasma: My first cruise ship

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

My first cruise ship

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Being a first time cruiser I was surprised of all the slippery surfaces on outside decks as well as indoor floors and elevators. Really a shame someone fell and had to be airlifted from the Splendor on my trip.

I also slipped on a wet deck 11 but only skinned my elbow thank goodness.

I was not impressed with the buffet food or the choices that were there. Breakfast there wasn't too bad, but the main dining room had better food at each seating. The floor plan is confusing. So many people getting lost trying to find different areas since not all levels made it easy to get from front to aft without going from one floor to another. The staff sure work hard and long, and are so pleasant to passengers.

Only had an issue with one waitress that we happened to have 2 nights in a row. The 3rd time we asked not to be seated in her section and ended up with a wonderful, attentive and funny waiter.

The cabins are immaculate......very clean and well kept. In one More port the new Norwegian Breakaway was docked next to us......they have a wonderful party like atmosphere welcoming their passengers back to ship after venturing out on the island. They have staff lined up from every department, handing out towels and water while a band plays. We came back to ship and had to walk passed dumpsters full of trash alongside our ship before we got to the ramp to board back on. I think there is room for improvement on the Splendor. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Interior Empress 7228

Spacious room, plenty closet and drawer space. Only negative I have is the step up into the bathroom.