Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by pretykym

Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: pretykym
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Beware of College Spring Break!!!!

I m a Norwegian girl through and through. I have sailed during spring break many times and NEVER had an issue. My good luck ran out on this cruise.. Sunday was pretty mild, everyone getting used to the ship. Monday was key west and it all went down hill from there. I'm sure it being st Patrick's day didn't help any. By Tuesday (our first sea day) the pool was elbow to elbow drunk college kids in thong bikini's and macho boys trying to throw each other in the pool. I honestly have no idea how these kids can drink so much. It very quickly got out of hand in the pool area and most of the family's were run off. NCL staff did not have enough staff to manage these young kids. Honestly short of shutting down the pool there was no way of reining them in once they got started. Wednesday was Cozumel and we spent a very pleasant day lounging by the sea at playa mia. my 12 year old loved the under water statues. Back on ship it became obvious that the sorority girls bought string( I mean floss) bikinis in port. Thankfully we were all tired and spent a quiet evening. Thursday was an overcast sea day and most of the college kids slept late so the partying didn't swing too high until late Thursday.

I love NCL and will sail with them again. However, never again in march and never again less than 7 days. A cruise with 1000 drunk college kids who have no respect for their fellow passengers is just not a relaxing vacation for me. I do have to mention on our return we had to stop and rescue some Cubans (24) from a broken down wooden boa, and passed our Cuban guests on to coast guard about two hours later. The crew did an excellent job of ensuring everyones safety and accomplished this in a very timely manner.

We ate at teppanyaki on tues. It was okay. Nothing that blew my mind. But Moderno.....wooooooaaaahhhh momma!!! I cannot describe the incredible flavors of this place. Im still salivating. save room, try at least a bite of all the meat. it is truly heavenly.

Here are the dailies and kids club for 9-12