Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Maskil

Legend of the Seas
Member Name: Maskil
Cruise Date: March 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Legend of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Legend of the Seas Deck Plans
Exellent service outweighs the drawbacks

We recently returned from RCI Legend of the Seas Southern Caribbean 10 day cruise. (for those considering this cruise please note that the Legend has both 10 and 11 day cruises, and that the cruises visit different ports.) The Excellent Service we receive on RCI has us continuing to cruise with RCI. From our wait staff in the dining room to our room attendant, we had a wonderful vacation.

The Legend had been remodeled last year, and they did an excellent job.

Of concern was "Vitality Fitness Center" (gym.) Apparently the remodel did not include most of the older model Cybex equipment. Much of this equipment lacked proper pads for safety, and in two cases, they had adjustment knobs locked down. There were only 10 stationary weight stations and 2 of these were rowing machines. There was no leg press. The Legend did seem to have ample cardio equipment with treadmills, cycles, elliptical trainers etc. And a working scales. (something that was allegedly NOT available on two larger ships with RCI.)

RCI had raised their internet and Wi-Fi prices to $.85/min. I found this outrageous as I have to keep in contact with my home office. --especially since they were using Non-licensed software on their PC's. (Microsoft's "non licensed" warning messages continually popped up.) --and it usually took 3-4 min for me just to connect to my e-mail server in the US. On two occasions, I was logged off without warning in the middle of the message. It would certainly help if RCI offered at LEAST notepad software so a message could be written and then copied to an e-mail message in a short period of time. Packages were available to take this cost down a bit, but since I'm in the Internet business, and know what it costs to provide these services, I consider this a major rip off. --even when I purchased a package that brought the cost down to $.48/min, The problem then becomes that their tracking software does not alert you when your "time is up"--it only gives you a dollar amount when you log off. If you go over the maximum on your package, the cost defaults to $.85/min without warning. I'm going to have to find an alternative before we book another RCI cruise.

This was a great cruise, and our Canadian and British Companions enjoyed their trips as well!

Publication Date: 03/31/14
More Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Legend of the Seas review Read the next Legend of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews