Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Cherpieus

Member Name: Cherpieus
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Best holiday in ages

Having not being on a cruise before my husband and I were using this 3 night cruise at sea as a test to see if we liked it and to see if I could go three nights without being seasick. It was also my 40th birthday so I was doing this instead of a party.

Well it was the best 'party' I've ever been to!

From the minute we arrived at the port our bags were taken by friendly assistants well before our boarding time. We then went to a pub in the Rocks for a couple of drinks and took photos of the ship. Boarding at our designated time was quick and easy.

We made it as far as the main foyer and were just so amazed by the decor that we had to sit down for another drink. To my surprise the whole ship was just as amazing and the cleaners were meticulous throughout the whole time away.

The staff were friendly and my husband commented on what excellent eye contact they make.

Only one negative was they didn't put enough staff on at bars when they had advertised an activity. I felt very sorry for the one person they had on trying to cater to so many people.

We had a balcony cabin and were delighted when we first walked in to see the Opera House just there! The cabin was a perfect size. The only downside was there was no tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

We didn't have kids with us but there were quite a few kids on board. I had heard bad reviews about kids running riot around the ship but I didn't experience that. There were a few rowdy kids but it was easy to get away from them.

The adults only serenity deck was not serene. It was full of adults who were actually rowdier than the kids so we went back to the family area. It was easy to find somewhere which was serene.

The entertainment was great. Excellent variety and a good standard... not as good as Vegas but it was still very entertaining. We went to two comedy shows, one Illusionist show and a New Orleans variety show.

Disembarking was easy and painless.

In summary the cruise exceeded my expectations by far. I thought it was going to be a floating RSL but it wasn't. It was classy but not pretentious. I will definately be going on another cruise in the future.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Publication Date: 03/31/14