Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by tribbs1

Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: tribbs1
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Beautiful ship

We cruised on the March 8 sailing with three other couples. As we were cruising withouth any children we decided to step it up a notch and we were in no way disappointed in what Celebrity delivered. We are all in our early fifties and the Reflection seemed to be full of people in the same age demographic.

The ship itself is a beauty. The decor of the public areas as well as the cabins was very nice and current style-wise while being very comfortable as well.

Cabin: We had a concierge class cabin on the 9th deck. The cabin was plenty big for 2 and the bathroom was a bit bigger than I have had on other cruise lines. There was plenty of storage for your clothes in the closets and the drawers. Suitcases fit under the bed which was nice. We had 4 balcony cabins next to each othe so we were able to open the partitions between our cabins and have sunset balcony parties every night.

Our room steward was ok. Not the best I've ever had that's for sure. He kept taking my pjs and laying them out on the bed every night which kind of bothered me to the point of having to put them away in a drawer instead of hanging them on the hook. The A/C worked great and the shower was always hot and had great pressure.

Opus Dining Room: We had an excellent server and assistant. He was a little formal to start, but loosened up after a couple of days. The dining room is beautiful and classy. The food was good, but to be honest, a bit to "gourmet" for my tastes. None of my other companions had that problem though, just me. We never had a problem getting our drink order in or getting wine from the steward, which has happened to us on other cruise lines. The menu was varied and they were able to accommodate some special requests.

Murano: We ate here the first night and took advantage of the 20% off. The food was wonderful as was the service. It was entirely worth the extra money.

The worst thing I can say about this cruise ship is that it was very difficult to get bar service on sea days. There just were not enough pool butlers to meet the needs of such a large crowd on the pool deck.

We loved this cruise ship and look forward to sailing with Celebrity in the near future.

Publication Date: 03/31/14