Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by GingerP

Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Freeport
Destination: Bahamas

NEVER AGAIN

Let me start by saying, I am an experienced cruiser. This was my 6th cruise and by far my worse. Iam not mad but hopefully I can help someone else from being so disappointed.I was lied to ona number of accounts.

I was told that I had to go on timeshare tour that would last 2 hrs first lie, it lasted over 3 hrs. Iwas told the meals at the hotel in Florida were free, lie number2. I was told I had to pay taxes and gratuity. Iwas not told I would have to pay fuel fee for each day on the ship. I was not given the room on the ship I was told I would get. BIG FAT LIE so my husband had to sleep on a top bunk bed. I was promised a 50 dollar cruise spending vochure for each room I booked on the cabin, another lie. Once I was one the ship they tell me it can only be used in the casino. I don't gamble, but I figured I would just try it. The casino informs me that I have to match the 50 dollar vochure and it could only be used with a one time bet and has to be a 25 dollar bet. So I could make 4 bets since I had 2 cabins but it would cost me 100 dollars and they would match my bet. Another lie or at least very misleading. I was promised a 100 dollars for gas. They gave me a piece of paper and told me keep my recepts amd mail them in to get the 100 dollars. I will do it but I am sure not gonna hold my breath to get the money.

The ship was the most unattractive ship I have ever been on. The food was good but there were a lot of fees that I have never had on other ships, like u pay extra fora cone if you want it with your ice cream, the fuel fees,

Publication Date: 03/31/14