Carnival Elation Cruise Review by thenewestrant

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by thenewestrant
Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation
Member Name: thenewestrant
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A Wonderful Time!

This was my first cruise and it was awesome! My girlfriend (who became my fiance during the trip, and whom this was the 3rd cruise for) and I really loved our cruise! We embarked out of New Orleans--and the process of embarking was so smooth--on the 17th of March and returned early in the morning the 22nd.

Stops included Progresso and Cozumel, with "Sea Days" also. The ship is a bit older but still in quite good condition, with nothing especially noticeably breaking-down other than a leak from the roof of the "Drama Bar" that required a small area be sectioned off to collect the water.

Our room was big enough to store our items and relax on the bed in, and our steward was wonderful! There were plenty of fun activities, the food was good (although you can't trust reviews of food as everyone feels different, but I was satisfied), and all the employees of the ship were wonderful and nice except for maybe one or two cranky waiters, but if out of hundreds of folk only two rub you the wrong way that is pretty stellar!

Getting a bubbles card is definitely worth it as I am a heavy soda-drinker, and some folks who did the "Cheers" program said it was great too if you wanted to have plenty of alcohol.

Cozumel was beautiful but Progresso was kind of meh. The people selling goods there were pushy, but not the normal kind of pushy, a much more aggressive kind that was a big off-putting. Plus, there just wasn't much of interest in Progresso other than some nice flea markets and the ruins if you wanted to go on an Excursion. Cozumel was beautiful and loaded with shopping (that wasn't too pushy) and restaurants however.

Overall I would say this was a great trip for my lady and I, full of fun, good food, new friends, and many happy memories. I would fully recommend taking the Elation to my friends and anyone else who listens. It was just a stellar time!

Publication Date: 03/31/14