Costa Luminosa 5

“Amazing cruise!! Ignore the negative reviews.”
Cruise review of Costa Luminosa

imsobeachy
Member Since 2013
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was an amazing cruise!! I was really nervous after reading the recent negative reviews. I must say this was my favorite cruise to date. Perfect ports, great mixture of port days and sea days, good food, extremely clean ship, and great entertainment. Mateo was by far my favorite entertainer. He played piano and saxophone, and had an amazing voice. Loved him! :) Best bartender, hands down, was Edgar! He made our ship time fun and went the extra mile on customer service.

Yes, it's an Italian ship. Yes, they speak Italian. Hello?! I did not have a problem communicating with anyone, as they speak English as well. There were designated smoking sections and I did not find cigarette smoke to be a problem at all on this ship. I have found Carnival and Royal Caribbean to be much worse.

If I had to come up with negatives it would be the late dinner seating at 8:45 lasted until 10:30 due to slow service. However, we loved the people seated with us, and came to enjoy our More nightly conversations. Both pool areas were small and could have had a better layout. The back pool bar was understaffed.

10 days in the Caribbean!! Who could complain?! Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

6344
Cabin was very spacious with a nice layout.

Published 03/31/14

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Luminosa Review

Costa Luminosa Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?