Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Robyn hermes

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Robyn hermes
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: Robyn hermes
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Back to back cruises

We just completed a back to back cruise. Our very first cruise was on the Liberty Of the Seas 3 yrs ago. We thought we would get the same pleasurable experience But we did not. The first leg of the tour was up eventful. Dining room service since They went to prepaid gratuities went from excellent to ordinary service. I never got Sour cream for the numerous bake potatoes that I ordered the first week. The intro Duction of the wait staff on Thursday evenings was disappointing.

On Saturday the back to back cruisers were held in a room then shuttled to Immigration a then back on the ship. We tried to get into our room but was told we Could not by a employee guard. We later found out we should have "told" her we We're back to back cruisers. Someone told us this was mentioned at a meeting that We did not get an invite to either. So we lost a half of day at the pool due to poor Communication by the ships staff.

Second leg of the trip had different shows and a different set of wait staff. The Wait staff was far better. On Wed of the second week we used our bathroom Facilities and the toilet started flowing water from the bottom of the tank. We called maintenance and the bathroom filled with water and it flowed to the Carpeting. We put towels down had to remove our shoes from the closet and then Again waited for someone to respond. I went to guest services and they said they'd Look into it!

They sent a plumber out who confirmed the toilet water was from an overflow from The cabin above us. He then called someone out to suck up the water. Then the 2nd maintenance man said he'd remove the water and housekeeping clean the Bathroom. He put a fan in the room We went to the pool for several hours and came back to find nothing done to clean up the mess And again we waited . I went and spoke to a senior guest services person who apologized and said the on duty housekeeper could not get into our room to clean it and she apparently did not tell anyone that she could not enter it either.

I went to guest relations and spoke to a senior guest services person- I'm in a swim suit cover up and have sunscreen on me. He apologized about the mix up with the housekeeper and wanted to know if I would go to one of the specialty restaurants as a form of an apology!!! I said to him I cannot believe you asked me that when I cannot even take a shower as my room is a filthy mess with someone else's sewer water in it.

Finally our normal room attendant came and cleaned and they shampooed the carpeting.

Later at dinner we were talking with our table mates and one family had it happen 3 times to them during this cruise. They got the dinner offered to them as well they refused it and then guest services adjusted their Bill for the inconvenience

I received a call from guest services that we'd received a coupon for a percentage off our next cruise before we left. But that did not happen either. It never showed up in our room

On Friday I went to cash a travelers check and the attendant was down right rude as well.

The second leg of the cruise had pretty much the same dining choices as the first one.

Publication Date: 03/31/14