Disney Magic Cruise Review by Hannon815

Member Name: Hannon815
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
WORSE CRUISE EVER

First off let me say I love Disney. We are premium passholders so we thought if we love the parks so much we should try a cruise so I called their 800 number asked some questions. Told the guy I talked to that I wanted the boat that had the tube that went around the whole boat. He guaranteed me that the Disney magic was the correct ship. I even called with question and asked over and over again that this was the right boat and everyone told me yes so I didn't think about it again. So Friday March 21 2014 we drive up and see it's not the correct boat. I then asked the lady that checks out ids and she told me it was on the other side of that boat. We get on the boat and head straight to deck 9 and see that it was the incorrect boat. It was the one with the aqua dunk. I picked the other ship because my kids weren't tall enough for the aqua dunk added with my kids would never go on it.

2. When we were able to go into our cabin I looked inside every draw. It's a force of habit. All the draws were clear except one on the side of the bed. There was a pair of little boy underwear. Which meant they didn't clean the draw. Makes me think they didn't clean the room. I then went downstairs to guest services and told them what I found. The guy said he would send someone up there to take care of it and how sorry he was. About 20-30 mins later I got a text on the room cellphone saying to call guest services. I just happen to be around the corner so me and my husband walked over. Spoke with the same guy. He said it was removed and all taken care of. So me and my husband walked around the boat cuz the girls didn't want to leave the kids club. At midnight we went and picked them up and headed back to the room. When we got in the room I notice we have a voicemail so I checked it. It was a lady from guest services. She said the underwear were taken out and if I had any questions feel free to call back. I then check the draw and was shocked to find the underwear was still in the draw. I called guest services and the lady came up with some stupid story saying they didn't know what draw they were in. I informed her I told the guy about 5 times where it was and that my daughters didn't know it was in the room and this is rediculous that they had to send another person out. By the time the person came out it was 12:30am. They came and took it out. Next day we went on the island came back and there was three bags that had a pooh stuffed animal. Like that was supposed to fix the problem?!

3. The last night at dinner I ordered a lobster pasta. I have a big habit of looking at my food while eating it and thank god I looked because there was a piece of an SOS pad in my pasta! Like seriously?! I thought Disney was all about cleaness. I calle the server over and he looked disgusted in what I found. He then called the head server over. He looked at it and said he would bring it back before he left he asked me if I wanted to get a new one. Like are u seriously asking me that?! Why would I want another one? What if the new one had the same thing?! The head server came back and said the chef wanted to come out and speak with me. About 20 mins later the chef came out kept saying how sorry he was. He then have me a plate with 6 chocolate covered strawberries. Like how was that supposed to make up for the disgusting SOS pad that was in my food?!

Once we got off the boat and got home I called Disney right away. The only way to talk to someone to complain about this problem is to email them. Like are you serious?! So now I'm waiting for a call back. I can not believe that all happened on a Disney cruise.

Publication Date: 03/31/14