Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by LaineyK727

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Had a great time on Carnival Liberty

We just came back from a 7 day cruise on Carnival's Liberty ship and we had such a great time. We left from the port of Miami and flew in that morning. I was amazed at how easy it was to pick up your luggage and walk straight over the Carnival desk in the airport. It was around noon and there were no lines. We registered and got our room keys right there at the airport. A woman came out and said "this way to the bus transfer to the port". Our luggage was on the bus and we were on our way to the port of Miami.

We arrived at the port and our luggage was taken by Carnival and we were told to go inside and our luggage would be in our room within 30 min. We walked into the port and told we were all set and to go straight onto the ship it was around 12:40 by this point and I couldn't get over how fast everything was going. The friendly staff greeted us and told us to go up to the Lido deck where lunch was being served. I couldn't believe how fast and everything went. We had no lines, no waiting and walked straight onto the ship.

I was worried because we weren't able to purchase the "Faster to the Fun" passes. And I'm glad that I didn't because we did not need them. I'm starting to think it's just a money maker for the Cruise line and it's not worth the extra $50 or whatever they cost. The whole trip we never encountered lines or had to wait very long for anything. We didn't even book our excursions until we were on the ship and it was fine and we were able to book what we wanted.

We had such a great time the whole week. The activities on the ship were fun. We always felt like there was so much to do. The Serenity deck was wonderful when we got a little tired of being in the center of the action on the Lido deck. The Serenity deck area is really a nice escape for adults. I'm so glad they have that. I never felt like areas were very crowded either. It always seemed like people were spread out and everyone seemed very friendly and polite on the ship. I never noticed anyone being too loud or obnoxious. Our room was on Deck 2 right near the elevators and we never had a problem with that either. We never had loud people outside our door or near the elevators which was good. Our cabin had a window and was very roomy with a lot of closet and drawer space. I was surprised at how large the cabin was.

I found the crew and whole staff to be very friendly. We'd walk down the hall and staff would say hello and smile. Our room steward was just great. He was always so friendly and remembered our names from the first day. He made the funniest towel animals every night and really gave us some good laughs. One evening he took the two large beach towels and made them look like two legs under the bed with one of my daughter's sneakers on the ends. It looked like someone was under the bed. We came in the room and had such a good laugh. We had such a good laugh with him later telling him how he gave us a little fright and some good laughs afterwards. He always kept the room so neat and always was around to chat and say hello and to make sure we had everything we needed.

We just found the staff on the ship to be so friendly even waiters serving drinks on the Lido deck always chatted for a few minutes and asked how we were doing and if we liked the port and if we went on an excursion and we asked them questions about where they were from and etc. It was just so nice to talk with them and see so many friendly faces and to get to know staff members. Our wait staff in the Silver Olympian dining room were also just wonderful. I wish I could remember all of their names. I also noticed staff members always cleaning and wiping down areas, mopping floors, dusting, etc. It was nice to see the ship being kept so clean. I also noticed if a passenger left a cup or plate anywhere, it was whisked away immediately by a staff member. That's one thing that's great to see them keeping everything so clean.

We thought the food was very good. We loved all of the choices on the buffets and dinner selections in the dining room. Guy's burgers and the Burrito Bar were also delicious. All the drinks we had were great too. We ordered room service one afternoon and couldn't believe how fast it arrived at our cabin.

We loved the cruise directors. They were always so friendly and got you involved in activities. We enjoyed the shows in the Venetian palace and really enjoyed the comedy shows. We also loved the DJs and some of the bands and guitarists they had in the various locations.

We loved all of the ports and excursions we took. Half Moon Caye is just beautiful and it was wonderful to go there the first day and just relax on a beautiful beach. In St. Thomas we took a boat ride over to St. John's that was also a great day. St. John's is beautiful and has mostly public beaches. In Puerto Rico since it was a little overcast that morning we took a bus tour around San Juan and then did some walking and shopping on our own. The last stop was Grand Turk where we took a snorkeling excursion. That was the just so much fun and breathtaking. I wish we could have snorkeled for a few more hours. The last day was a relaxing day at sea which was so nice to have before we arrived back in Miami. We did a few of the events and mostly relaxed that afternoon up on the Lido and Serenity deck areas.

Debarkation was as smooth as a breeze. We chose to just take our own suitcases which was really the best choice. We didn't have to feel rushed off the ship and went to breakfast around 7:30 am and ate in the Silver Olympian dining room. We went back to our rooms and just wheeled our suitcases off ourselves by 8:30 am. There was no waiting and we pretty much walked right off the ship. I saw some people waiting in the Venetian Palace for their Zones to be called as they had had their luggage taken off the ship by Carnival, but I'm glad we didn't do that. I'm glad we just took our own luggage and were able to go at our own pace. Unless you have a lot of luggage or can't manage it yourself it's easier just to take it yourself.

There was a small line in the port for Customs and we went through that within a few minutes. We were just so pleased that everything went so smooth for the whole week. I couldn't even think of one thing that bothered or annoyed us. I whole trip was just so fun and relaxing. We had an absolutely spectacular time the whole week and would definitely recommend the Eastern Caribbean trip on the Carnival Liberty.

Thank you Carnival cruises!! We can't wait to go on another cruise!!

Publication Date: 03/31/14