Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Stacypooh

Member Name: Stacypooh
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Embarkation Not Rated

Carnival Miracle to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo

My family and I travelled aboard the Carnival Miracle in March 2014 for a 7 day cruise to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. It was our 3rd cruise, which all have been on different Carnival Ships. The layout of this ship was my least favorite of the three. First of all, there is only one dining room. It is decorated in a horrible purple and LOTS of it. Secondly, yes, there is a Serenity Deck, but it is located literally right below the water slide. They did not consider the children being right on top of the adult deck when they planned this out. The Serenity Deck is nice but not enough chairs and they are right on top of each other. Wish they also played some nice peaceful music. Thirdly, the Kids Clubs are very difficult to find. I had one child in Camp Carnival and one in Club O2. The rooms are located in the very front and it is not easy to get to like we have on other ships.

I am not a fan of how Carnival places the kids in their age appropriate activities. My youngest daughter is 11 and she was assigned to Camp Carnival. She was one of the oldest children there and was surrounded by very young kids, as young as 3 in the same room. She was not a fan of going to Camp Carnival most times, unless there was a Scavenger hunt or something else that didn't include the younger ones.

Food on this ship was mediocre. At first it seems great, then as the week goes on, it is the same stuff over and over. The buffet is gross at times with unsanitary people eating from their plates while standing in line. I do not understand how people can feel this is appropriate behavior to graze while they are still not done filling their plate? I frequented the salad bar, the pizza shop and the deli almost every day.

Dinner is nice but takes way too long. Our waiter never took drink orders, except the busboy did bring water. We were typically the last ones to get menus plus the last ones served. In order to see the shows, you need to be out in a timely manner, which we never were.

One evening we decided to go to the 10:15 showing at the comedy club and the place was packed. There were people standing everywhere and they kept letting more and more people in. I don't think the staff handled that situation appropriately.

Overall, the ship was nice....lots of interior sitting places. Not alot of room to sit in the buffet area. Pool area was cramped. Don't like the fact they don't have a jumbo tron movie. I loved watching a movie nightly by the pool.

Not pleased with this ship as the others, but was a good experience.

Disembarkation was horrible. This ship was the longest experience I have had on my past 3 cruises to get off the boat and we were in #2 for disembarking. I still do not understand why they allow self assist people to leave first when others have numbers to leave with and have to wait an extra hour or so? Once our number was called, we waited in a long line that wrapped around the boat and then all the way into the cruise terminal. When we were on the gangway, two lines formed (one for US citizens and one non-US). For us US citizens, the line was unimaginably huge. Foreigners walked right up to the front like a breeze. When we got inside, we saw there really wasn't any reason for the two lines and were quite annoyed. I do not think they should get preferential treatment like that!

Publication Date: 03/31/14