Carnival Dream Cruise Review by buckeyecruiser44081

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by buckeyecruiser44081
Carnival Dream
Carnival Dream
Member Name: buckeyecruiser44081
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

BORING

There is only one word for this cruise experience “BORING”. The Carnival Dream creaked and banged causing us to have sleepless nights, the room air conditioner did not work properly, and the daily activities were limited. The morning activities did not start until 9:00 A.M. where on other ships the activities were too numerous that we had to choose between several and determine which ones we wanted to not attend. The only good thing from this cruise was that we went to places we have not been before and Mahogany Bay was the best port to visit. We were able to get off the ship there and swim in the ocean because we were not able to get into the ships pools due to lack of pools. Only 2 pools for over 4000 people and a listless activity schedule will make us think “Why did we book a Carnival cruise?” if we ever do again. WAIT, this one was free, except for port charges, and I am glad for that offer because if it was costing me the regular fare I’d be really upset. The only times we saw the cruise director was when he was introducing the shows and the last day when we were disembarking. Events that were scheduled to start at a specific time on the lido deck still had the cleaning crew working to get ready and the 9:30 P.M. “party” started at about 9:45 P.M. with the staff showing up late. Not good in my opinion. The buffet times in The Gathering leave something to be desired. Others ships we have been on close ONE side and allow the cleanup and setup happen over on the other side. Not on the Dream, shutdown EVERYTHING for 2 hours, except for pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers, and the deli. The food in the main dining room was very good and served by a professional staff. The food on the main buffet was ok, I’ve had better for the buffets on other ships. This is cruise number 10 and the second cruise where I did not gain a substantial amount of weight and this one was because of the lack of available food. I had some American Express gift cheques to cash and one day I could cash them and the next I could not, go figure. I should have cashed them all on the first day. There was also a lack of variety in the movies that were on the TV. There were only 3 or 4 movies that ran continuously and there was only one movie on several nights at the Seaside Dive In because the other activities took over the area. The adult Serenity area is a joke. Most other ships have a pool for the adults only and on the Dream there are only hot tubs for the area. (I do not use public hot tubs, because of health reasons). So all in all, it was a boring trip that the crew was getting ready to move to New Orleans. The TV was not appropiate for the size of the room and the interactive TV did not allow you to order room service. When I called customer services to help me through the ordering process, I was told then that that feature was not available. SO why have it on the screen?

Publication Date: 03/30/14