Norwegian Star Cruise Review by bix4u: Disappointing and uncomfortable experience

bix4u
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Mexican Riviera Cruises

Disappointing and uncomfortable experience

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

My friend and I chose this cruise to avoid visa problem (She is a Chinese national). It was my third cruise and our second together. The food was standard, and the company took every opportunity to charge more. The service was, at best, indifferent. The last night we went to the Asian restaurant and paid for the worst meal I have ever had on a cruise ship. The entertainment -- particularly the music -- was lifeless despite a lot of "enthusiasm." Housekeeping was generally cursory and late in the afternoon.

But what really left a bad taste in my mouth was departure. I had gone down and requested a wheel chair as I am a recent heart attack victim and suffer from COPD. I was told to go to one of the venues and wait, which we did for more than two hours. I had to walk off, as did a lady who looked about 90. I also purchased a $50 ride to the airport,but outside the terminal,there was no help and we wound up getting into a taxi -- being directed by a young woman who looked More official -- but had to pay $65 at the airport.

I enjoy cruising, but there is nothing about this ship or company that would make me recommend them. After we paid for a balconey, our on board charges were $800 -- and that includes a manditory $12 a day per passenger gratuity, and automatic gratuities for every single purchase. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>