Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Gtowngirl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Gtowngirl
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Gtowngirl
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Galveston
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Great time

We went for spring break. We are in our 40's, our kids are 12 & 14. We had a room for 2 w/balcony and our kids had a room right across the hall from us. Their inside room had a window that overlooked the promenade...and they loved to people watch. I have not cruised in 13 yrs and was surprised that they still had key cards! What a pain! I would have preferred a wristband key like they have at the water park hotels. So we had to pay almost $10/person to buy lanyards. You know the things that go around your neck that you can buy at Wal-Mart for $1. So save yourself some $ and bring one from home for each person in your family. Preferably one that has a clip, not a key ring circle. You can go to guest services and they will punch a hole in your key card and you can attach it to the clip/lanyard. You have to have this key card for everything (getting into your room, drinks, getting on/off the ship). I didn't want my kids to lay their card in their towel by the pool and loose it, so the lanyard is a MUST have! This is the one piece of advice I did not read about prior to going on the cruise so I wanted to share it w/others.

The ship was great, drinks great (not watered down), lots of chairs around the deck area (didn't have to get up before the sun to get a good lounge chair-and we were there during spring break). The coffee is SUPER HOT!!! Beware! My father didn't have his lid on tight & it spilled down his stomach leaving a burn mark! Even the showers and bathrooms frequently seemed to run out of cold water & the hot was VERY HOT, so check the water before washing your little ones hands.

We did not book any excursions through the ship...I went on tripadvisor and booked directly with tour companys. Rony's Tours in Roatan, Edwin's tours in Belize and we just went to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel ($11 taxi ride). Great vacation! Looking forward to our next cruise!

Publication Date: 03/30/14