“Complaining spoils the fun!”
Cruise review of Sapphire Princess

patonleeward Sapphire Princess 4 Complaining spoils the fun!
patonleeward
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

On NCL three times, first on Princess. Next time I will speak up when we first arrive on the ship. Our short four night cruise on the Sapphire Princess could have been more comfortable. I booked a BC cabin on Aloha deck in January but when the prices dropped, we were upgraded to midship, Caribe. They did provide the waffle mattress that I requested during booking but not the twin beds. I feel like complaining ruins the good vibe so I did not complain. Over all we changed the things that bothered us and enjoyed the cruise. The table for two, traditional dining, was really close to the other tables. It was so awkward that we changed to anytime dining. I always got the table for two. If a table with CHAIRS is requested, you will not be stuffed in the close bench seating. As I learned after our return, a top sheet is available if requested. I took the lining out of the duvet and to my shock found it terribly stained! My husband was happy with the duvet cover and I used a swim towel. Not exactly luxury. The bed shirt was soiled. The sink smelled like sewer gas. BUT! The food was good without the for fee dining. We like eating early and never waited to be seated. We enjoyed the movies under the stars, many musicians and comedians. We rented a golf cart and enjoyed the short drive around the island. I took a bar of soap and next time will take my own sheet! To compare the cruise lines, I am not sure Princess is worth the extra cost. The March West Coast Sampler on Princess is a great value and may do it again.

Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

C616
C616 is a nice location but next time chose closer to an elevator.
Published 03/29/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sapphire Princess Review
Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?