Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by patonleeward

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by patonleeward
Sapphire Princess
Sapphire Princess
Member Name: patonleeward
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Number: C616
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Complaining spoils the fun!

On NCL three times, first on Princess. Next time I will speak up when we first arrive on the ship. Our short four night cruise on the Sapphire Princess could have been more comfortable. I booked a BC cabin on Aloha deck in January but when the prices dropped, we were upgraded to midship, Caribe. They did provide the waffle mattress that I requested during booking but not the twin beds. I feel like complaining ruins the good vibe so I did not complain. Over all we changed the things that bothered us and enjoyed the cruise. The table for two, traditional dining, was really close to the other tables. It was so awkward that we changed to anytime dining. I always got the table for two. If a table with CHAIRS is requested, you will not be stuffed in the close bench seating. As I learned after our return, a top sheet is available if requested. I took the lining out of the duvet and to my shock found it terribly stained! My husband was happy with the duvet cover and I used a swim towel. Not exactly luxury. The bed shirt was soiled. The sink smelled like sewer gas. BUT! The food was good without the for fee dining. We like eating early and never waited to be seated. We enjoyed the movies under the stars, many musicians and comedians. We rented a golf cart and enjoyed the short drive around the island. I took a bar of soap and next time will take my own sheet! To compare the cruise lines, I am not sure Princess is worth the extra cost. The March West Coast Sampler on Princess is a great value and may do it again.

Publication Date: 03/29/14