Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by jbeaver

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by jbeaver
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: jbeaver
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Disappointed

Just got off this ship yesterday 3/22/14. I have to say my husband and I were disappointed in this trip. This was our 7th cruise but our first with Celebrity. We usually sail with R Caribbean or Carnival. We do prefer R Caribbean. We were told this was a step above Royal Caribbean ship, so we were very excited to go. We drove 12 hours to Ft Lauderdale from N C. first let me say that embarkation and debarkation went very well. The crew was very nice, our room steward was very Nice also, although we did not see him very much at all. On previous cruises we really got to know our room people. We only had a towel animal one night on the cruise, which was disappointing. People do look forward to those special touches. In the San Marco dining room our waiter and assistant waiter were very good. Very outgoing, we saw our waiter every morning in the ocean view. He made a special effort to come and talk to us. I think he was my favorite of everybody. Milan thank you so very much. We saw the captain and other officers throughout the week. The show was good the first night and so was the comedian. The first show was a bit early, I think it should have been at 8:00pm instead of at 7:00. This interfered with the early dining, by the time you were finished with dinner the early show was almost over. There weren't as many on board activities on ship days like other ships I have been on. Not much to do if you are one of those that don't lay out in the sun out by the pool. I was bored at times. We did not care for the food in the ocean view dining...... I must saw I have had better food. It seemed like most of it was the same food over and over. There were no ice sculptures by the pool or no midnight buffet....what kind of a ship doesn't have that? It was almost impossible to get a chair by the the pool or around it......a lot of chair hogs. There were a lot of college students on the ship for ship break, which I have no problem with but all they do is drink and a obnoxious. When they are running around up and down the hallway all hours of the night waking people up there is a problem. I did call the desk and report that, and they did stop. I say when the bars close they need to go to their rooms not disturbing other passengers. Which that is not the cruise Lines fault just needed to vent about that. After 7 cruises this is the first time I had seen a lot of people drunk and disrupting. The ship was a clean ship no complaints there. Our best day was yesterday at Key West. With all this said we were expecting a 5 star ship, but didn't get that. This was the first time I was actually glad to get off a ship. I think we will stick to what we know is good, and sail with the cruise line on what we know is good. I don't think we will sail on a celebrity cruise again.

Publication Date: 03/29/14