Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by ShellPell

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great Time on the Oasis

My family and I had a wonderful vacation aboard the Oasis of the Seas 3/15-3/22. It was myself, my husband and daughter. My parents also came on this trip. We had 2 ocean view balconies on Deck 7. Our room steward David was more than happy to open up the door between the balconies so we could have one big open balcony where we could sit at night and have a drink and watch the sunset. We used our Birth Certificates to board this cruise and had no problem whatsoever. I do always bring along my marriage license to be safe and they did ask to see it on this trip as my last name on my birth certificate and my license are different. This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. We've done two previous cruises on NCL. After this cruise we've ranked RC as our favorite but would still sail on NCL as we had a wonderful time on the previous two trips with them.

We arrived at the port around noon and we were on the ship by 12:30. We ate lunch in the Windjammer and thought that the food was delicious. I honestly don't understand the negative reviews on here about the food. I didn't eat one bad thing on this vacation. My husband has worked in the restaurant business his whole life and he thought the food was also delicious. Giovanni's was our best meal of the week. The food in there was absolutely delicious. And the service was wonderful. We never made it to the Main Dining Room on this trip but my parents did on the last night and they said it was an amazing dinner. Food was absolutely delicious. Seafood shack was really good too. My parents and husband had the Crab Legs and thought they were really good. I had the coconut shrimp and it was also really good. Park Café had the famous roast beef sandwiches and they really are delish. Try not to miss those! They also had a create your own salad and that was really yummy. For breakfast they had a create your own bagel selection in the Park Café and that was great with all different toppings and multiple flavored cream cheeses to choose from. Café Promenade had really good pastries and sandwiches throughout the day that also were very good. Sorrento's was good if you were looking for a slice of Pizza. It wasn't the best pizza I've ever had but I still thought it was good. Donuts at the Donut Shop were yummy. Very light and fluffy. Wipeout Café had great snacks like make your own taco or nacho plate. Also, very good. We also ate at Chop's Grille. Very good here as well. Our Waiter at Chops was wonderful. My mom, daughter and I also really loved the Soft Serve Frozen yogurt machine's on the pool deck. It's self serve and we must have had 3 cones per day. It was so good. Not to be missed! We didn't get the soda or beverage package. They had so many different things besides soda to drink. Flavored waters (Strawberry Kiwi or Mango) Lemonade, Iced Tea. They were all yummy.

Luckily we had perfect weather on this trip. Our first stop was Labadee. What a beautiful island. We spent most of the day swimming in the turquoise water. Second stop was Falmouth, Jamaica. We did some shopping and spent the rest of the day at Margaritaville's which is right in the port. Great Margarita's and food here. They have a beautiful new pool with a waterfall and beach chairs all around. Also has a bar in the pool with stools to sit. The last day was Cozumel. Did some more shopping here and swimming in the turquoise waters. Shopping here was a bit annoying. They harass you to buy stuff from them and it reminded me of Nassau when you go into the town. Did not like that one bit. My husband and daughter swam with the dolphin's in Cozumel and said it was awesome.

I had researched this ship so much before going and I must say it lived up to my expectations. The boat is absolutely enormous and it did take some time to figure out where everything was but luckily they have signs on every floor by the stairs and elevators labeled with what you can find on that particular floor. One thing I do have to agree with some other reviews on here is the elevators. They really take forever and most of the time we got sick of waiting and just took the stairs. I didn't mind seeing all the food we ate. It kind of made sense to take the stairs and get some exercise.

Hairspray! Great performance!!! Very talented actors.

Frozen in Time! Not to be missed. The way they can skate and perform on such a small rink was amazing. My husband wasn't thrilled about going to this one and he was really glad he did go. He couldn't believe how talented they were and really enjoyed it.

Come Fly with Me. Also very very good.

My husband and my dad did the All Access Tour for $150. They really enjoyed this. They got to see all the parts of the ship that the guests don't ever see and how hard these people actually work to make our vacation perfect. The tour ended in the Bridge and they got to sit in the captains chair and have a picture taken.

The Pools were great too. You could always find a chair. There were the occasional chair hogs that would put their towels on the chairs at the crack of dawn but either way we never had a problem finding a chair in the sun or shade if that's what you prefer.

This was our best vacation yet!! We can't wait to try the Allure next and do the Eastern Caribbean. I honestly don't understand how anyone can review this Ship and say they had a terrible time. First of all it's vacation...........you're not working and you don't have to lift a finger. What's not to like about that?

Publication Date: 03/29/14