“Nice cruise-A few things need work”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas

Bedrock58 Independence of the Seas 4 Nice cruise-A few things need work
Bedrock58
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

In general, our cruise was nice and so was the ship.

The good things that stood out were;

Eating at Chops is a must if you like a great fillet, mushrooms, crab cake and Mississippi Mud Pie. Go up there on the day of embarkation in the evening. They were not busy and we struck a deal to eat for 1/2 price.

Eat in the main dining room for breakfast. Better food, service and met some nice people.

The staff for the main dining room and our cabin were top notch. I had a few special requests that were taken care of perfectly. I think the drink prices were in line compared to our last cruise 3 years ago.

Things that need improvement;

Our transportation thru RC from the airport to terminal took way to long (1.5) for the 2 mile trip to happen.

Getting tables cleaned in the Windjammer was slow and they ran out simple things like cookies at the desserts.

The theater seats are a little cramped, only 1 type of drink container fit in the drink holders all week that we tried. The comedy act sucked and the voice impersonator was partially faked. The ship singers and dancers are high energy acts, but just seem to be missing something.

Bingo-I went to the 1st session and it was $32-64 or 75 bucks. Way up from the $20 we spent on our last cruise. The payouts suck also, so I save my money for other things.

Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7402
Nice room, but it's smaller than the other cabins in its class. The difference is about 1/2 length of the couch in 7400. The view is better in 7402 out the window.

Port

Labadee - we were the 2nd ship to arrive that day, so all the good spots had people there. I also think its wrong that you can't reserve the cabanas if you don't have a certain cabin class.

Read 852 Labadee Reviews
Port

Time there is just too short. We did the Bacardi trip on our own, were the 1st group thru and it still took up the morning. The good thing was everyone's help on this site. We did the trip for $14. round trip.

Read 2,275 San Juan Reviews
Published 03/28/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review
Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?