Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by barbjd106:

Member Since 2007

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: March 2014

This was a seven night cruise celebrating my husband's birthday. Our son joined us as he had a week off from graduate school.

We were in a Royal Suite, cabin 1607.

We arrived at the pier about 11 am. Embarkation was quick and trouble free. The rooms were not ready. I went to sit in Michael's Club while husband and son ate in what I call the clanging place. In Michael's Club I met Rachelle Wever, the Captain's Club hostess. Rachelle introduced herself and checked to see when our room would be ready. She also invited us to a dinner with the chief engineer later in the cruise.

I mentioned to Rachelle that I could not get a reservation for the alcoves. The Celebrity phone lines were always tired up in the weeks before sailing. She tried to help but we were not able to get alcoves the entire length of our trip.

When the room was ready, we went up to 1607. Our butler arrived and introduced himself. His name is Caetano (sp?). We asked for a third chair for More the balcony to be delivered before breakfast the next morning. Other than that, the room was quite nice. The butler said he could not bring drinks to us, as room service does that. This seemed a bit petty to me as we all had drink packages and we had spent quite a bit of money on the suite itself. I did not blame him, I think its just a bad business model that he has to follow.

When breakfast arrives, there were still only two chairs on the balcony. My husband had to bring a third chair out from the dining area.

Dining: We never ate in the main dining room. I ate in Bistro most for lunch, and once at the Porch. I enjoy the quiet of those places and the food is quite good. The servers are excellent and go above and beyond to get what you ask for.

We also ate in Q sine, Murano, Tuscan Grill, Blu and the Lawn Club. All of these restaurants were fine, the food was consistently good and service was exceptional. The one night at the Lawn Club there was an extremely intoxicated man at thee next table. He was speaking so loudly that we could not converse with each other. Luckily we were almost done with dinner and rushed to quickly get out of there.

My husband was unhappy that there was not a lot of trivia on the ship. One of the activity staff people told him that Celebrity is phasing that out as it does not go along wi the idea of modern luxury. While we were on the ship we cancelled our Celebrity holiday cruise and booked one on Cunard. This has more activities that we enjoy, such as trivia.

Both our butler Caetano and steward Tomas were great to us. We showed our appreciation by giving each an extra gratuity directly. In addition, Rachele Wever was lovely and it was always a pleasure to speak with her. She has a genuine interest in the passengers and in her job.

This cruise was basically fine in l respects, but certainly not memorable. The impression I got was a ship without an identity. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 1607

The cabin was large with a walk in closet in the bedroom area, a full bath with separate shower off the bedroom, and a second half bath in the entry area. There was a dining area with a wet bar (I kept looking for paper towels in the cabinets) and a living room with a pull out couch and loveseat. There are two entertainment centers. The master bedroom also has a makeup area with desk, lighted mirror and hair dryer. The master bath tub is a jacuzzi and there is a second jacuzzi on the balcony.