Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by pmiles1535

Carnival Ecstasy
Member Name: pmiles1535
Cruise Date: March 2014
Cabin Number: V2
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Pleasantly surprised

I was a bit nervous booking this cruise , knowing that the boat was one of the older in the fleet . it is dated , however it is very clean and we had a great time ! We visited Key West and Cozumel and I will touch on some points later on. The embarkation was very smooth , our Carnival cruise planner Andrew Freeman ( you can call him too ! Thank you Andy ) had booked us a Jr suite and that gave us priority boarding which means you don't wait in those looooong lines , just head on into the Captains Club and all of your stuff is waiting for you . We headed up to our room which was V2 on the Veranda Deck . The room was actually quite spacious and although it could use updating we found it very comfortable .The view is amazing with no obstructions . We were not in our room for more than 5 mins and our steward knocked on the door . He was THE BEST !!!!! Our room was always in top notch condition no matter what time of day we came and went . I was very discouraged by room service on this ship however , out of the 3 possible mornings they could deliver they only did once claiming that they never got the order the other days with no apology :( . The food in the buffet was ok depending on what you chose , we opted for the omelette station and fruit for breakfast and the deli for lunch when we were on board but the food on this ship while it was ok , could use improvement .....Dinner in the main DR most nights was good and fun with great table mates ! The steak was not great but they did offer to bring me anything else I wanted so no complaint there . And the lobster to me was "fishy " BUT I am a spoiled New England girl so it was probably me everyone else seemed to enjoy it .They had very varied choices daily as well as a menu that stayed the same . Key West is always great even if the weather was crappy we had a fabulous time anyway ! Cozumel was awesome !!!! Last time I was there I hated it , but I chose to walk around and shop instead of going to someplace fabulous like MR SANCHOS ! The day pass is $55.00 per adult and includes all you can drink and all you can eat ! Swim up pool bar , beautiful beaches , massage if you want one is $1.00 per min WHAT ?!?! Unheard of ! BEST day resort hands down . All in all everyone on the ship was very friendly and gracious we never had a problem except with the room service . Yes, if the opportunity arises and the price is right like this was we WILL go again .

Publication Date: 03/28/14