Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Cruise Getwat Guy: NCL Getaway Best Cruise Ever...

Cruise Getwat Guy
0 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

NCL Getaway Best Cruise Ever...

Sail Date: March 2014

Well I'm glad I finally got to post my review from our cruise. We cruised on The NCL GETAWAY and we had an excellent time. The food was excellent in the pay restaurants and good in the buffet and free restaurants. Our embarkation went easy and fast, we got on the ship with no waiting. There was plenty to do everyday so we had plenty to do. We are casino players so we spent a lot of time in the casino but we made time to do other things. I'm going to brake things down in categories but I won't go on and on like some post do.

Embarkation:

Went fast and easy got on right away. I recommend that if your driving to the port of Miami to get there early. Getaway cruises on Saturdays and there are 5 and sometimes 6 large ships so parking is a premium. We got there at 1:30 p.m. and had to park in parking building J which you have to catch a bus back the Getaway. When your checking in you can put up a credit card or put cash in advance. Keep in mind that they will start More charging your card as soon as you start spending and they put a 300 dollar hold on your card. All cruise lines do this so don't be surprised at the end.

State Room:

We had a Mini Suite, it was really nice lost of room and lots of places to put your items that you take with you. Remember you can put your luggage under the bed. The closet was nice and big and lots of hangers you shouldn't have to take any hangers. The pillows where really nice, my wife took hers and she said next time she won't. The bed's where good and comfortable the AC was also good and cold. The bathroom in the mini sweet AMAZING. The shower with the water jets is a must. Room Stewart, Milton did a great job. Ohh don't forget that there are switches next to the bathroom door for "Do NOT Make room" make sure if you turn that on to turn it off before you leave your room for the day.

Pools, Slides & upper desk (15 & 16)

I have read where people complain about the pool size, Large pools will make the ship top heavy and unsafe, live with it. If your are a sun bather go to deck 16 lots of room up there.

Food & Restaurant's

Well I can go on and on in this subject but I'm not. All specialty restaurant's where amazing. The main restaurants where good. For a fast dish the Garden Buffet on deck 15 is good. The Savor and Taste are really nice but they server the same food, The Flamingo Café is also very nice The only dinner show that we attended was Illusionary and it was also amazing the menu for the night was Filet Minion. The entire ships servers where very friendly and always eager to help in whatever needs we had.

Entertainment:

Incredible enjoyed it all !!!, I recommend going to Club Bliss for dancing had a blast. I also recommend the shows you won't be disappointed.

Casino:

We didn't brake the bank but the bar servers and the casino host are friendly and eager to help and serve you all the time. If you go on GETAWAY and play in the casino, Sarah (Slot host) and Jazz (Bar server) go way out of there way to provide you with all your casino and beverage needs.

The Ship:

The ship was amazing, we had a couple of days that the seas where 8 to 12 feet and the ship road like a nice smooth train. Captain Tommy Stensrud and his crew did a great job. On our last port of call in Nassau ships company through a welcome back party that was amazing. I posted on YouTube look for NCL welcome back party posted by me Cruise Gatawayguy.

Disembarkation:

was easy and fast, I recommend if you are coming down from the Garden Buffet, cut through the casino to get to the back of the line.

Here are my bad points:

If you have a mini or regular balcony suite, the balconies are small. (I was a bit disappointed).

Casino has no windows to see the ocean. Less

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Getaway 11190

Great view, great room. The bathroom with the spray shower was amazing. I picked deck 11 because I researched it and our stateroom was note on a family deck.

(5.5)

Always fun beautiful place lots of things to do.

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews

St Martin is beautiful, the beach right at the port is beautiful. I would say by far the best shopping for the dollar on our port of call. If you are shopping for jewelry I recommend to stop by 72-B Front Street
(next to Coliseum Casino). I highly recommend it for the best deal no pressure sales.

Beautiful place to visit remember they are part of the US so can only buy so much of items and you need to check with the ship for the amount of items you can purchase.

Read 2326 St. Thomas Reviews