Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by ColKlink

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: ColKlink
Cruise Date: March 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Freedom is awesome!

Just back from the Carnival Freedom on Sunday. It was fantastic!  Let me start by saying that this was my 8th cruise (5th on Carnival) and it was by far the best. Carnival has really stepped up their game and placed thought into many areas.  All my pics are on a you-tube video folks. Here is the link http://youtu.be/UZLqkKgdQ3A

Here we go:

Carnival Freedom - Great ship! It will be even better with the upgrades coming next month.

I had no problem navigating around the ship. Many people have complained that they get lost because of the design. In no way was it hard to navigate around the ship (use deck 5 or 9). No Problem! Our cabin was 9240 on the Lido deck, the interior cabins are basically the same on all ships so I had no problems at all with our cabin. Being on the Lido deck was great!

Staff - Awesome. All of the staff were fantastic. Room Steward great! Special shout out to Dody (waiter on the Lido Deck) and Vladimir (in the Piano Bar) to awesome waiters.

Food- Great never had an issue with any of the food. Always great selection and fresh. Mongolian Wok was very good, Pizza was very good and the Deli was great. Posh Dining room waiters were friendly, helpful and entertaining. They always asked if we wanted more. I particularly liked the extra plate of Lobster! I didn't have to ask they asked me.

We had FTTF so it literally took 10 minutes to get on board at 12 noon. FTTF was worth the 50 bucks. The only place that was really smoky was the casino. Other than that we stayed on our side of the ship and was not bothered by it. 8 days on board was great 4 days at sea and 4 in port. I would definitely do another 8 day cruise, I really liked having the extra day.

Punchliner Comedy club was very good. I am so glad they upgraded the comedy on their ships. We had a great time in the comedy club. Scott's Piano Bar was lots of fun and the on deck parties were great. I do not know why people complain about this ship or their cruise. It was all around fantastic, no complaints here.

Grand Turk - Margaritaville and Flow Rider. Great beach day lots of fun.

Dominican Republic - Seavis Saona island tour - Awesome - Big up to Ingrid our guide

Aruba - Palm Beach by cab. Rented umbrellas, chairs, big mable and parasailing from fun4every1.com - I recommend them they are true professionals. Aruba was breathtaking.

Curacao - Rented a van from Avis and drove to Playa Lagun. Snorkelling of the beach was great. Some of the best snorkelling I have ever done.

That is it folks short and sweet. I would be happy to answer any of your questions. It was an awesome cruise, I would definitely go on the Freedom again.

Make sure you check out my video on you tube. http://youtu.be/UZLqkKgdQ3A

Cant Wait till March Break next year on the Valor.

Klink