Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by mackfam

Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: mackfam
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Great cruise

I was on this cruise with my husband and 15 year old son. We chose this cruise primarily because of the price and because we could get to NYC direct as opposed to having to take two flights. Prior to leaving I was nervous because of the recent bad reviews. I am glad to say we had a great time.

Embarkation was easy. I had purchased FTTF so we were first on the ship after the Platinum and suite guests. We had balcony stateroom on deck 7. As promised it was ready when we got there and our bags followed in minutes.

The ship itself was a little gaudy but so what. Everywhere was clean, the staff were friendly. My only complaint was that smoke from the casino infiltrated the surrounding areas.

We had the early seating for dinner in the Gold Pearl dining room. We were at a table for ten with two other families also with 15 year olds. The kids all hit it off and hung around together all week, as did the adults. I am amazed when people complain about the food on this ship. I don't know what they eat at home that they find it bland or boring. I found there was a good selection of dishes every night. I never had a problem finding something I liked. The food was always hot and tasty, the wait staff were friendly and efficient. Sometimes dessert was slow to arrive, but we never minded, as we had such great dinner companions we were always busy chatting.

The ports weren't the best though we did enjoy our day at Cable Beach in Nassau. The weather was on the cool side in Freeport. The kids went snorkelling but it was too cold for me.

The entertainment on the ship was good. We saw all the comedians and a couple of the shows. The singers at the various bars were also good.

The only slight negative was we had noisy neighbors (Spring Break kids) who for some reason, partied in their cabin every night instead of going elsewhere on the ship . We called security on the fourth night and after that things were quieter.

Debarkation was great. Once again FTTF alllowed us to get off right away as we had an early flight from LGA.

Publication Date: 03/28/14