Carnival Glory Cruise Review by rectac

Cruise Date: January 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean
Wife and I got on the ship about 1pm after about half hour line wait mostly outside, not too bad. Canaveral is among the nicest. I carried my minimal luggage, and I recommend that. It was a good value cruise. Food was good at all places. I like the dining room, Teresa likes the buffet best...we liked both. The dining room has good NY strip steaks.Dining room is comparable to very good restaurants. Buffet is comparable to chains. Entertainment at the shows is as expected. The Audio is managed so as to produce MAXIMUM volume (ear splitting) with occasional feedback. They have a young man at a complex console who works the many many knobs to make it so. I think this is done to generate excitement.Totally totally extreme and unnecessary!!Hold your ears. CEO, Please hear me if your eardrums are intact. The cruise director is constantly doing the usual coaxing for applause and "lets improve our yelling and hoopla" I do not like that predictable activity at every show. The director was a corny guy that kinda bugged me, but many probably liked him. Oh well. The background music at dinner is nicely done with elevator music. Nice ship with a glitzy metallic feel. Clean! Inside cabin had enough room and no problems. Moderate luxury mostly formica style. Great pillow-like bedding and so comfortable. Cabin always well kept.

The ports are all ready to accept the ships to sell trinkets. Water sports for tourists of course. We go on cruises to hang out for a week, but I did the excursions on previous cruises. We just like the ships and the relaxation. Being outside for too long is just too hot for us, even in the winter it gets to 90 with the hottest sun imagined.

A week of relaxation with the above in mind is what I have learned to expect if I repeat. All in all Carnival has a good operation, and want to serve the masses as best as possible with the money paid.

Publication Date: 02/02/07