Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Blarney Buoy: Pleasant surprise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Pleasant surprise

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

My wife and I have cruised on the Carnival Pride; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas, Explorer, Voyager, Adventure, Soverign, Radiance and Seranade; Princess line "Tahtian Princess"; Celebrity Equinox and Soltice. All but the Carnival were wonderful cruises meeting all or most of our expectations.

We decided to cruice on the Norwegion Dawn because of the port of embarcation, Tampa, and a stop at Belize and Costa Maya. The other two stops, Roatan and Cozume,l we had visited on previous cruises. We had heard both good and bad about NCL so naturally we were a little apprehensive about the trip. We had a wonderful time on the Dawn. The entertainent was very good, meals in the Venetian were nicely presented and tasty. The ship was kept very clean as well as the mini suite we occupied on deck 11. The elevators were a little slow at times but we weren't in a hurry anyway. All of the crew were the nicest, friendliest and most cheerful team we have ever had the pleasure of being More serviced by. Especially, our room stewart Winshor. About the only thing I was disappointed in was that they did not serve 'shrimp cocktail' in their main dining rooms. Darn! We did very much enjoy the "Freestyle Dining" and the abillity of being seated with others or by ourselves. There was only one dress up night which a low percentage of the pasengers did. But, there were a lot of youn college students on board who weren't really into getting all dolled up. The older folks, like my wife and me, pretty much took advantage of the dress up night. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 10600

Our mid-ship mini suite was clean and comfortable but could have used a little nice furniture. The balcony was comfortible although, I would have liked lounging chairs rathe than kust chairs. Our room stewart, Winshor from the Philippines, was outstanding with his taking care of any needs we might have and always with a cheerful greeting.