MSC Divina Cruise Review by Skyspy: A few good things, but only a few!!!!

Skyspy
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A few good things, but only a few!!!!

Sail Date: March 2014

My husband and I got off the Divina this morning, and for once I was happy a cruise ended.

The good points:

1. Great shows!!! There was a good variety of themes and the performers were terrific!!!

2. Great cabin steward

3. Excellent pizza!!!

4. Hardly any ship wide announcements

The not-so-good points:

1. Poor disembarkation: not only were we still pulling into port at 7:30, there were no announcements to let us know what was going on. We were self-assist, and part of the first group that got off -- at 8:30!!!

2. I fully expect there to be a Norovirus outbreak soon. Not only were only a few hand sanitizers working or filled, but they were optional, and most people opted out. I didn't eat anything I had to pick up with my hands, only a knife and fork.

3. Some of the décor was good, but most was so gaudy, I couldn't believe it!!! The atrium stairs are filled with lights and Swarovski crystals -- More don't look at them if you value your eyesight!!!

4. The most uncomfortable pillows I've had on a ship -- I'm not sure if they were filled with rice or wheat, but they crackled when I put my head down.

5. Except for the pizza, the food was hit or miss, and even when the flavor was good, it was seldom the correct temperature. This applied to both the buffet and the dining room. I didn't get a cup of soup that was hot until the last night. Some cabins got a survey form the second day of the cruise and I complained about the food temperature. I got a call the fifth day asking if I had noticed a difference, and I said no.

6. The theater shows were amazing, but the seats were very narrow; at least they didn't recline like some cruise line's. Each balcony row had a rail that was at eye level when seated.

7. There weren't a lot of activities, perhaps because of the many different nationalities on board the language difference was a factor. The safety briefing was given in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese!!! Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Divina 11125

The cabin was good, except for the pillow problem. The pillows were the most uncomfortable I've ever had -- I don't know if they're stuffed with rice or wheat, but they crackle. I would have preferred more drawers -- there were six medium-sized in a closet and two small in each nightstand. Closet space was adequate. The flat-screen television was ok, but the remote didn't always work, and while it had some interactive menus, they didn't always work either.