MSC Divina Cruise Review by Skyspy

MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: Skyspy
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
A few good things, but only a few!!!!

My husband and I got off the Divina this morning, and for once I was happy a cruise ended.

The good points:

1. Great shows!!! There was a good variety of themes and the performers were terrific!!!

2. Great cabin steward

3. Excellent pizza!!!

4. Hardly any ship wide announcements

The not-so-good points:

1. Poor disembarkation: not only were we still pulling into port at 7:30, there were no announcements to let us know what was going on. We were self-assist, and part of the first group that got off -- at 8:30!!!

2. I fully expect there to be a Norovirus outbreak soon. Not only were only a few hand sanitizers working or filled, but they were optional, and most people opted out. I didn't eat anything I had to pick up with my hands, only a knife and fork.

3. Some of the décor was good, but most was so gaudy, I couldn't believe it!!! The atrium stairs are filled with lights and Swarovski crystals -- don't look at them if you value your eyesight!!!

4. The most uncomfortable pillows I've had on a ship -- I'm not sure if they were filled with rice or wheat, but they crackled when I put my head down.

5. Except for the pizza, the food was hit or miss, and even when the flavor was good, it was seldom the correct temperature. This applied to both the buffet and the dining room. I didn't get a cup of soup that was hot until the last night. Some cabins got a survey form the second day of the cruise and I complained about the food temperature. I got a call the fifth day asking if I had noticed a difference, and I said no.

6. The theater shows were amazing, but the seats were very narrow; at least they didn't recline like some cruise line's. Each balcony row had a rail that was at eye level when seated.

7. There weren't a lot of activities, perhaps because of the many different nationalities on board the language difference was a factor. The safety briefing was given in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese!!!

Publication Date: 03/28/14