Norwegian Star Cruise Review by funpatty: Our first cruise and it was fabulous!

funpatty
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Mexican Riviera Cruises

Our first cruise and it was fabulous!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Not having anything to compare it to, we were not disappointed in our first cruise aboard the Norwegian Star. Our balcony stateroom was perfect except the bed was not that comfortable. The shower and bathroom were no problem. I kept hearing how small it was going to be but it was adequate for two of us. Having done a lot of research and reading before sailing, I found that an over the door shoe organizer was a perfect item to bring on board, it held all our bath/cosmetic items out of the way. It was great having a coffee maker in our room for a leisurely morning on the balcony. The food was great in the two main dining rooms. Breakfast was good at the buffet and outdoors at poolside. We did splurge and had dinner at Cagneys one night. Delicious meal. You can almost always get a burger at the pool. My husband didn't care for the buffet but he is a fussy eater. I was fine with it. The daily drink specials at the bar were yummy, I tried a different one every day.

Our cabin More steward was amazing! Our room was always clean and neat even if we left it 5 times a day, when we got back it was picked up again. We always had fresh ice in the ice bucket, clean towels and made up bed. Always had a "friend" on the bed at the end of the evening. He always reminded us to be back on board well before the time stated so not to run into any problems.

The shows we saw were a lot of fun and if you miss some of the game shows they tape them and run them on the tv, we laughed a lot watching them in our room. Everyone we ran into was pleasant except for one incident at a bingo game where someone tried to take another persons saved seat. Almost a brawl! There was always a current movie "Captain Phillips and Gravity" playing if you wanted to stay in your stateroom and just relax. They loop them so they play over and over all day long. One channel had kids moves. We played bingo, saw shows, played in the casino and just relaxed!! Did not do any excursions this time but we did go ashore at Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. I am already to go again. Never been so relaxed in all my life! Never had an ache or pain or headache! The ocean is a beautiful thing! Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 9210

stateroom with balcony... was perfect for us. Would never travel on a cruise without a balcony!