Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by tinkerbella: Good cruise for the price

tinkerbella
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Mexican Riviera Cruises

Good cruise for the price

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was a short spring break trip over St. Patrick's day. The price was right and we drove to the port. Parking is $17.00 dollars a day. We arrived about 1pm and where on board by 130pm dropping our luggage off in the room. This time we choose an inside cabin to save money. It was comfortable for the two of us. Our room steward was very nice, kept us well supplied, and was ninja like in his ability to keep our room tidy.

We had early dinner and sat at a 10 person table. Our table mates where nice but the the service was terrible. I asked the Maitre'D to switch. He immediately gave us another table and server. Also a 10 person. Again we lucked out with great table mates. The service was much better like we have had i the past. This was our first cruise with American Table we have done 6 previous ones with Carnival before the change. My daughter and I both agreed we didn't care for it. Pros : water carafe on table so you never had to wait for a refill. They handled my gluten More free request well. Cons: No table cloths, I watched them wipe down the tables with the same rag over and over. My silverware is just sitting on that table., Once I stirred my ice tea or used a fork I wasn't sure where I was suppose to place it for further use. Only 1 soup choice, no more spa cuisine on the menu, they did still have a vegetarian dining option, Bread was on the table in a basket in a selection. About 3 pieces of 3 different types. Our table seemed to like only sourdough, Servers did not refill bread. Getting ice tea,,lemonade during dinner was a struggle. Even bar service seemed slow. Compared to other cruises I've been on, the servers seemed to be stretched thin. Same for breakfast, never could get a coffee or orange juice refill.

Entertainment. We went to and enjoyed all the production shows and comedy shows. We also participated in the deck party, Hasbro game show, and call in trivia.

Catalina : Booked a private tour through Catalina Island tours called Cape Canyon Island Explorer. It ended up lasting all day. We had a great time and really felt we got our moneys worth.

Ensenada : walked around for a couple of hours and went back to the ship to lay out. If you've never been to Ensenada before they do have a few tours to try or there is Hussongs or Papas if you like to get your drink on early in the day.

Overall it was a fun trip. Pleasantly surprised it wasn't the booze cruise I thought it was going to be. I do miss the live music on deck vs the DJ. Also I noticed a few other cuts as well,like no ice bucket, or mini fridge in rooms. The ports aren't to exciting but that's about all you can get off the West coast in a short time. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>