Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by bmci5: Something stinks....

Norwegian Epic 3
Member Since 2014
8 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Something stinks....

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas

My husband and I have always sailed on Carnival, but we saw this Norwegian deal and decided to give it a try, for our wedding anniversary.

Embarkation was a breeze. We got to the port of miami about an hour before the ship left, and were on board immediately and able to go to our room. AS soon as we got on board we smelled a horrible sewage smell, that followed us down to our room as well. The room's carpet smelled of urine, and the bathroom set up was terrible. Upon showering I realized the drain was clogged in our shower and drained very slowly, so we had to shower in two inches of water the entire trip. We NEVER met our cabin steward. No clue who he was. We never got the cute towel animals that Carnival leaves either. The room seemed very outdated but we were not too concerned as we don't spend much time in there anyway....

There were two buffets on the pool deck, one outside, one in, but had the same food. The same thing was served almost daily. The food was sub More par at best. EVERYTHING, even the salads had meat in them, and being a vegetarian/vegan this made it hard for me. I did find a vegetable curry one day, but I don't really like curry so it was just "ok". One morning at breakfast I saw brown sugar, raisins-all the items for oatmeal-but no oatmeal. I asked a female behind the counter and she said, "yes" and just kept working....maybe she didn't understand me.

Aside from the rude service at dinner, not so tasty food, the shows were great and we enjoyed both the vegas show and mo-town. We got up and left during the comedy show. Boo. Not funny at all.

We did not get off at the private island, but did tour Freeport. We did not do any of the excursions, but the shopping was fun.

The weather was wonderful and we didn't know if it was the captain or the what but we barely felt the boat sway at all.

Getting off the ship was super easy. No long lines, and we pulled our own suitcases out.

All in all, if we got offered to cruise on this ship for super cheap or free we would do it. If we are paying? No way. We will stick with Carnival! Less

Published 03/27/14

8 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X