“Too much rocking and food not that great”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

dgilson Carnival Liberty 4 Too much rocking and food not that great
dgilson
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Our cabin was in the back of the boat. It literally felt like there was a freight train at times in our cabin. It was rocking so bad that we had to put towels around the lock safe because of the banging noise. My fiance had been on other cruises and had never felt anything like it. It was my first cruise so thank God I used the wrist bands and did not get sick. It wasn't just the back of the boat however. People were complaining all over. Even the pools needed to be emptied at times. (btw-pools were very small).

And the seas were not rough at all.

As for the food. It was just ok. I was very disappointed because I had heard the food was awesome on cruise ships. I would have rather eaten at the buffet or the pizza shop rather than the fine dining room.

Loved the Serenity for adults. When you aren't traveling with children it is rather nice to get away when you just want to relax.

The crew was awesome and the ship beautiful.

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

2483
Cabin was a nice size. I was very glad that I brought an extension cord. There is only one outlet in the cabin. I also brought along metal hooks to put on the walls (which are metal) and these helped with wet bathing suits and towels, etc.

Port

Their beach is gorgeous! If you love animals which I do..be prepared to see very hungry, homeless dogs walking along the beach which is downright pathetic. I got food and water from Margaritaville from the waitresses to help this one dog that was so skinny and pregnant. It was upsetting.
The locals told me that there are thousands on the island. Shame they don't try to control it with neutering and such but they didn't seem to have a shelter there.
Other than that..beach was beautiful except for lots of litter from cigarettes and beer bottle caps.
Margaritaville was amazing but very expensive.
It cost $35.00 for nachos and one pina colada!
Be prepared to spend some cash!

Read 1,364 Grand Turk Reviews

Just gorgeous!
Water and beach were spectacular!! Having the ships buffett on the beach was a very nice touch.
Get off the boat early..get a spot and just enjoy for the day!
I didn't understand why people wanted to rent a cabana..
There was a nice restroom there.
Just seemed like a waste of money to me.
Bring your own snorkel gear..we were so glad we did. No need to pay at each port and I wouldn't want to put my mouth on something someone else had their mouth on.

Port

We are not much into history so this wasn't our ideal spot.
We took a walking tour on our own and went to the castle closest to the ship. Very crowded. Not worth the walk except for the view which you can see from the boat.
We took a taxi to a beach called Escambrone and it was amazing. Not crowded. Fish were so beautiful and so close to the beach.

Read 2,276 San Juan Reviews
Port

We were amazed at the turquoise waters here. So beautiful!
We wanted to go on our own and not take an excursion so took a cab with others to a beach called Secret Harbour. I wouldn't recommend it. It was a condo-even though we rented chairs they told us where we had to sit (not allowed to sit in front of the condo). They moved our stuff and put a condo persons chair right in front of us while we were in the water. Very rude.
I had wanted to go to St. Johns and was very sorry we did not do that.
Snorkeling here was awesome.

Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 03/27/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?