Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Kazakmon: Family Cruise 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Bahamas Cruises

Family Cruise 2014

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas

This was our first cruise as a family. It was me, my husband and our two 11 year olds. It was Spring Break so the ship was packed with approx 4300 cruisers on board and we found it very loud and crowded. Overall the food Was good, not great. The Illusionarium Show was amazing and our kids really enjoyed it.

My daughter went to Splash Academy a lot (kids club) and the staff doA great job with the kids. We very very satisfied with their program and options for The kids. The ropes course is awesome... Walking thin planks looking out upon The ocean is a truly rememberable experience.

The pools are small and due to Spring Break they restricted the main pool for adults only because of all the alcohol Being consumed In the environment and partying people. But that really wasn't a Problem for us... The kids enjoyed the kids pool which is near the water slides.

The water slides are unbelievable as well. As I stood at the More top of the tallest slide You see all the way down the boat and all of the ocean around you. It was cool!!!

Our cabin was mid ship mini suite on deck 11. Have to say very small for a family Of four. We did notice quite a bit of rocking as well on this magnificent vessel. The Cabin itself was designed very nicely and our steward, Dominic was at our beck And call. He was amazing and we received the best of service and some really Creative towel animals nightly!!!

The decor on the ship is stunning... NCL definitely Went far and above to design this ship, as well as the interior design. The staff Overall were friendly, customer service was good and NCL is very preventative in The spread of germs. Every time you go to eat they spray your hands with hand Sanitizer, which I thought was a great idea.

We really enjoyed our excursions. We booked them prior to our trip - which I would recommend because they sale Out quickly. We went on the Golden Eagle Sailaway Catamaran.... Amazing!! We went to Magen's bay on our air bus then you get to swim in gorgeous wateR For a few hours... Loved it! Our favorite as a family though was the Blue Lagoon Beach Getaway in Nassau. We chose this over Atlantis- because I heard from friend That the lines are long, can't find a chair, prices high... So we opted for Blue Lagoon. It was breathtaking. They have an inflatable slides and things for the kids for 15$ each Which was well worth it, because they had a blast. The excursion included lunch, Which was choice between burger, hot dog or grilled chicken. The food was good And even had yummy cookies as well. We swam in the lagoon, got to visit the dolphins And sea lions , my daughter and I got our hair braided. It was not crowded.. A perfect Day, lots of chairs available. My kids are still talking about it. Loved! Loved!

Overall we enjoyed our first family cruise on NCL Getaway. Would definitely

Recommend to anyone, especially with kids!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Getaway 11238

Good location... Overall small for family of four. NCL definitely crammed a bunch a Rooms in to get more money... But the cabin was suitable.. Since mostly there to Sleep in.