Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by catjean63: Can't wait to go back!

catjean63
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Can't wait to go back!

Sail Date: March 2014

We have cruised approximately five times but this was our first cruise with Norwegian. We had a wonderful time and would definitely go back. getting on and off the ship was a breeze took no time. We were on the 11th level midship. balcony was a little small but I found the bathroom very spacious so i didn't mind that trade-off.

The crew was very professional however there were some i found a little reserved. The swimming pool is a little small but I must say it's the warmest pool I've ever been in on a cruise ship and I used it many times.

our teenage children went to the teen camp and had a wonderful time.

I found the food to be just mediocre. On the first night I had a strip sirloin steak and it was very tough I wasn't happy with it at all, I could've made one better at home. We did go to one of the charge restaurants, the Brazilian restaurant the best meal of my week. Everything was fantastic and the service awesome. I must say I did enjoy the food at the More buffet more than I did at savour or taste restaurant. We also enjoyed the pub their food was very good.

We did the champagne catamaran trip in St. Thomas and it was just an amazing excursion and the people running it were very friendly and we had a great time snorkelling. I highly recommend it!

I do agree the smoke at the casino is overwhelming but it didn't really bother me as much as it seems to have bothered others.

The entertainment I thought was outstanding we went to the parties at H2O almost every night. We also went to see legally blonde and burn the floor. We did also go see "wine the musical" we had a wonderful time and they gave us a great steak for lunch with dessert. The dueling pianos at headliners was also wonderful we went to go see that twice.

We also went to the mojito bar quite often it was in a beautiful quiet spot on the ship.

Even though there were many people on the ship is never felt crowded never had to fight for chair at the pool like I have had on other cruise lines.

We used the sports complex area and enjoyed everything that we tried including the rock climbing, the ropes, basketball court and mini putt. U I thought it was fantastic and my children loved it.

I also went to Zumba classes, and stretch classes in the morning. And I also used the track I sort of liked that the track was in the middle of everything. If you go very early before 830 usually isn't crowded.

So despite the food which I thought could've been better, we had a fantastic time on the ship and the passengers were so nice! A great mix of people. we had an amazing time and would definitely go back! Less

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>