Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by VetDrm: First Celebrity Cruise

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

First Celebrity Cruise

Sail Date: March 2014

We are experienced cruisers, but this was our first on Celebrity. The Constellation is a pretty ship and we loved the size. It's in pretty good shape considering her age. Our fellow passengers were a mixed bag. We are in our 50's & sometimes feel out of place on Holland America ships. Many New Yorkers escaping the winter.

Cabin: Balcony cabin was nice. Bathroom was a little cramped, but workable. We honestly didn't stay in the cabin all that much and couldn't use the balcony as our neighbors smoked on theirs. Very rude.

Food: Food in the buffet areas was the best. MDR food left much to be desired. Terrible desserts. The buffet brunch served in the MDR one day offered the best food on the ship.

Entertainment: We only went to 1 show, tried to attend a 2nd, but there were 0 seats left. We're not big on entertainment so it wasn't a big deal.

Drink Package: This is the best deal to be had. We upgraded to the Premium package so we could take advantage More of the better wines and martinis. The Martini Bar was our favorite hang out. All the bartenders were friendly and very entertaining. I had some of the best martinis I've ever had.

Shore Excursions: We took the ATV excursion in Cozumel and it was awful. The vehicles are not maintained and 6 of the 10 vehicles on our tour had a mechanical breakdown of some sort. We lost our steering and crashed into a tree. Luckily nobody was hurt. I did report this to Celebrity.

Spa: Great massage. I participated in Bootcamp 3 days and thought it was very good.

Baggage Claim after disembarkation: This was a nightmare. My husband's tag with the location info came off in transit and therefore wasn't in our numbered luggage area when we disembarked. We tracked down a Celebrity rep and explained the situation and they acted like they cared less. We searched all the luggage areas to no avail. We were signed up for a post cruise shore excursion and were worried that we'd miss the bus. They finally opened up the other luggage areas and we found the suitcase sitting all by itself with no marking. I finally found a 2nd Celebrity rep and asked for assistance as by now the customs line was very long. She escorted us to the front of the line and were able to make our tour bus. But it was very stressful. The suitcase had his name on it and they could've looked it up and made note of it, or put all the luggage without group tags in one place. There were 3 other passengers who couldn't find luggage either. After coming off of a very relaxing cruise it was not a good way to end the trip. Left a sour taste in my mouth with Celebrity.

I did contact them when I got home and offered my suggestions.

Overall: We probably will cruise with Celebrity again given the right promotion. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation 7159

OK cabin, nothing to write home about.