Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by EBG

Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: EBG
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Not Impressed Anymore

I've been impressed with cruises in the past especially Royal Caribbean. I'm not impressed anymore based upon this last cruise. First of all, the quality of "complimentary" food in the main dining room was substandard. I've had much better in the past. Even the portions have gotten smaller. I know. I can order as many items as I wish. I want to be full from the first serving and portion, however. I acutally got sick from a piece of meat I ordered and ate at the main dining room. By the way, I don't consume alcoholic beverages. My assigned table was behind one of the waiter's stations. I had to bribe a head waiter for a better table.

Most of the music and musicians were good. The three Ukranian women in the "Imprezza Trio" were outstanding. The ship's band/orchestra was very good as was Peter Brewer and Roman. The lead singer in the band, "Soulful Pleasures," and the piano bar entertainer "Manda Vincent" are terrible. The musicians in Soulful Pleasures are very good. I heard a few of their insturmentation songs without the lead singer. I seldom saw any the Cruise Director and his staff. I never got to speak with the Cruise Director or a member of that staff, personally, for the first time ever aboard any cruise line company.

The cabin steward did a very, good job keeping the cabin clean and stocked with towels, etc. I had a small, travel iron confiscated by security from my checked in luggage. My luggage never arrived at my cabin. I asked the cabin steward if he knew my luggage whereabouts. He had no idea. I wasn't provided any notice informing me security had my luggage. It wasn't until I responded to security at 6PM the first day of travel to report my luggage missing when I learned security had it. I attempted to take a small, travel iron aboard because of the expensive charges RC has for clothes cleaning and clothes pressing. It's ridiculous! You have to give them the clothes you want cleaned or pressed the afternoon prior you wish to wear them. You don't get the clothing returned until 24 hrs. after you give the clothes to the cabin steward. I primarily wore wrinkled clothing throughout the cruise. Note: I have successfully smuggled my travel iron aboard other RC cruises.

I had a major incident with a taxi driver and port security at the International Cruise Terminal in Cozumel. I won't go into details for its too lengthy. It did entail fare charges by the taxi driver. The problem was so bad that my girlfriend and I were initially denied re-entry on the wharf to the cruise ship. In fact, security, not police, near the taxi stand confiscated my Sea Pass and wasn't giving it back to me until I repeatedly demanded for a police officer. They refused to get me a police officer and I finally got my Sea Pass returned to me. I was also prohibited from entrance to the wharf by security leading to the ship. That, too, was changed when I repeatedly demanded for a police officer. I filed a report about the incident upon my immediate return aboard the ship. I NEVER heard from anyone from the ship's staff after filing the report. I've named the title of this review, "Not Impressed Anymore." Now you know why. I am finished with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. They can take my Loyal Cruise Passenger status with their Crown and Anchor and stuff it!!

Publication Date: 03/27/14
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Brilliance of the Seas Reviews
Disappointment
Brilliance revisited - short 5...
exceptionable