Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by christinetuniket: Always a winner for the entire family!

Liberty of the Seas 5
christinetuniket
Member Since 2012
53 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Always a winner for the entire family!

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Transatlantic

This was our fourth transatlantic cruise in the Spring but our second with RCCL. What comes to mind after finally taking the time to write a review (almost a year later) is how family-friendly RCCL is. Our previous cruises were a total disaster with Holland America although the food was excellent and you can bring your wine onboard.

Embarkation was very swift and smooth. I always dread those embarkation days because of the cheer confusion from disembarking quickly the previous passengers but this was not the case. Our cabin was huge and in front of the ship. We had booked a Family Oceanview because we love the separated bedroom for the children and the price. One new thing, RCCL did with the food is mention all of the Gluten free dishes in their menus, which was a big reassurance for me since my son is gluten intolerant. I would say that the food was very good but not as good as with Holland America. I missed my platter of cheese at the end of the meal.

The public More areas were great but I did not like the crowds for some events such as the Dreamwork (spelling?) parade neither did my children. This is the only time I had a very bad souvenir. I had my children in front of me to watch the parade and I was shoved, pushed and inappropriately touched by a very rude man behind me. I did complain at the Relations desk about it but there was nothing they could do even though there are cameras throughout the ship. We were disembarking the following day so they did not have time to find the "maniac". Other than that the other entertaining events were great especially the event on ice. I only wished that they had more open sessions for figure skating. They only had 2 or 3 for the entire cruise! Other than that, we were very pleased with the cruise. The entire staff was very friendly especially in the main dining room. Our children were very spoiled:)! I think this is because most of the staff does not see their family for months at a time and have children too so when they see children on board, they treat them like royalty. Less

Published 03/27/14

53 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X