Disney Magic Cruise Review by cdiano

Member Name: cdiano
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Spring Break Bahamas - Castaway Cay

Food

I read just about everywhere that the food on this cruise was excellent. I can tell you that it was better than an all-inclusive resort, but excellent is stretching it a little. Overall it was good with a couple of snags: Red Snapper - overcooked and dry. One night my wife and sister-in law ordered prime rib which was left untouched. I thought the dining experience in Animator's Palace was great! Service was also very good from our two servers (who follow you to each dining area).

Shows

Attended the three shows (one each evening). The last one (Disney Dreams) was easily best. The first two were acceptable but have no basis for comparison (have not been on a cruise before). Obviously, the target audience for these shows are kids, but they do sprinkle some adult humor (or attempted humor) throughout. If you are not into shows, miss the first two but at least go to the last one. I was floored by the size of the theater and the size of the movie theater in the ship.

Overall

Great first cruise experience, but I have decided that I am not a cruise 'person' so this will probably be my last. My daughter did get sick the last day (twice in Carioca's). Symptoms of the stomach bug, but she was the only one in our party (ten people) that got sick. She got better within two days.

I did feel like Disney tries to nickel and dime you everywhere, but that is to be expected. For example, arcade costs money, you bring your own wine bottle they charge you $23 to open your own bottle (at dinner), they charged for coffee @ the first dinner (really???). On the plus side, they allowed you to take pictures with all the characters for free... !!!

Publication Date: 03/27/14
Read the Bahamas ports review by cdiano
More Disney Magic Cruise Reviews