Coral Princess Cruise Review by HnJCruzrs: Coral Princess Panama Canal

Compare Prices on Coral Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Coral Princess Panama Canal

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

Absolutely loved this cruise. Chose anytime dining. Wait staff was excellent.

The shore excursions we chose were excellent. We went snorkeling in Aruba and loved the Rum Punches on the trip back to the ship. We took a partially guided tour of the Old City in Cartagena, then toured independently. Tip: Hard Rock Cafe provides a complementary beer for cruise ship passengers. We took the tour on the ferry through Miraflores Locks. I would definitely recommend this tour. It is a completely different perspective on the smaller boat. We were running late and actually had a police escort back to the ship. In Costa Rica we took the aerial tram tour and the canal tour. Saw lots of wild life. Very enjoyable. That evening the boat tipped. Pretty scary. We were told there was a glitch with a stabilizer. It was the talk of the trip. "Where we're you when the ship rolled?" Lots of broken dishes, the bars lost a ton of alcohol. But the crew cleaned it all up. I would describe it as "an More earthquake at sea." The last stop was Jamaica. I really enjoyed the tube trip and my husband zip-lined.

We have cruised with other cruise lines. Princess provides a lot of activities. The service is excellent. Many staff members remembered our names. We were always greeted with a big smile and a warm "Hello." Loved afternoon tea. Also, the British Pub luncheons were delicious. On the last sea day we enjoyed the galley tour and cooking demo. The head cook was hysterical and I learned a few tips from him. Earlier in the week we took the back stage tour, that was very interesting too. We discovered the Crooner's Lounge the second to last evening. The crooner was excellent- wished we had discovered this earlier in the week. Having 5 days at sea, we were pleasantly surprised we had so many choices for activities on board.

The only complaint was they kept announcing a poster contest. We spent 3 hours making an elaborate poster for the contest. We were beyond shocked at the poster which won the contest. Perhaps they should explain the criteria for the selection process. There were a number of posters which were far more creative than the one that won. I am assuming the winner knew someone on staff.

The lines were long and wait was long when boarding. Could improve on this. Once on the ship, everything was wonderful.

I would definitely recommend this cruise and will definitely consider Princess for my next cruise. Less

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>

Snorkeling

Really fun. Loved the Rum Punch on the way back.

City Tour

One hour tour then went on our own. Cheaper and safer than taking a taxi. Guide was excellent.

Panama Canal Tour

(5)

Must go thru to Pacific Ocean on smaller boat. Great experience!! Food on ferry - not good. Bring some food, long trip.

River Tubing