Costa Luminosa 1

Cruise review of Costa Luminosa

nms
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

This was my first cruise with Costa and last as many others on that ship expressed. I cruised with Royal, Carnival and MSC before and never had a bad experience. My family is not picky but the service is awful except the cabinet steward who was so nice to me and the kids and the upgrade we received without asking to a balcony.

The food is awful and the activities are limited. People at our table left the dinner table the 1st 2 nights of the cruise because everything they ordered was bad. The quality some what improved slightly after that. After the nightly show there is absolutely nothing to eat and no food stations are open except the "soggy" pizza station which if you try it once will not go there again. Even the Italian's on board had the same opinion.

Table Tennis, Footsball, and mini golf are for fee. The captain never bothered to welcome us on board on loud speaker like the custom on other cruises is. We saw a glimpse of him when he came down to waive at us the More last gala night. Gala dinners (2) where exactly the same. No lobster like on carnival or Royal, nothing special except the free glass of Champagne. At breakfast or lunch you can not find a place to sit at the buffet .

The ship is narrower than the other we sailed on before and we had to take the food to a bench outside to eat. The breakfast in the main dining room is exactly the same as the buffet , the only difference is they bring you the coffee and juice the rest of the food is a buffet style so go and get it. The worst of all they have no ATM on board and you can not get any money off the credit card on file so if you ran out of money. Tough luck. I will never sail on Costa again. Waste of money and time. Less

Costa Luminosa Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

4512
Cabin is spacious with 1 queen bed and 2 bunk beds. The only good thing in this cruise was the cabin.

Published 03/27/14

Helpful? Thank nms
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Luminosa Review

Costa Luminosa Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?