Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by lulu47: Well worth it

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Well worth it

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

I have never cruised on the Celebrity line before as the price was always out of my budget, but you get what you pay for. Went with a group of 13 and had a marvellous time. Was on deck 7 in an inside room mid ship. I truly missed a balcony but it was a late booking and was all booked up.

The staff were excellent, efficient but relaxed. I never had a bad meal. Still miss the burgers around pool side. Speaking of pools, they were on the small side and as the days got hotter they were all very crowded. I love to swim so I just made do.

Bought the spa package for $90 which let me use steam rooms, aromatherapy sauna and heated lounger. It was well worth it. I found it nice that I wasn't constantly asked to fork out money as has been my experience on RCCL, Princess, & Holland America lately. The itinerary was interesting and enjoyed swimming with the stingrays in Grand Caymen. Best experience for all 6 of us was in Belize. I booked the tubing in the caves privately More with BUTTS UP and was delighted. The ship was charging $119 and Butts Up charged $50 for the same experience without crowds! They delivered everything they promised. I would cruise again on the Celebrity Line. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox 7148

The room was clean but as in all inside rooms, very small. I was surprised the shower seemed a bit bigger. For 2 women it was tricky navigating such a small space for 11 days. Really missed the sun.