Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by molar99

Norwegian Sun
Norwegian Sun
Member Name: molar99
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
Enjoyable Trip--willdo it again!

I found the cruise very enjoyable. I use a rolling walker and did not know how much I would get to do off the ship. I found the shore excursion staff (very short, dark haired young woman with an accent) most helpful letting me know which excursions would be accessible to me. The Cococabana Beach day in Barbados helped with walker and we could get help to be near the beach so that I could make it into the water. They were very helpful.

In St. Thomas at the dock there is an open air trolley affair that gives you a free ride to the shopping area ( Havensight) It was most appreciated by this mobility challenged lady! Got to purchase the Lorimar jewelry there because this service was offered!

It would have helped if we had known beforehand that on Guadaloup only Euros are accepted, even for taxi fare. would like to have seen this island but we had no euros and the bank was too far of a walk for me to make. Stayed on the ship as did many, many folks.

If you are going to Curacao on the Sun, make sure that by 4:30 when ship is getting ready to sail you are on deck 11 in the very rear of ship dining area outside to watch and photograph the pontoon bridge swing open for your huge ship to sail out. It was most impressive. The view of Curacao from up there was magnificent and one of my favorite parts of the trip!!!

We had not been on a cruise for 30 years and it was a rude awakening on days at sea to find that you had to get up and be up on the pool deck by 6:00AM to leave your towel and a bag or something to secure a chaise lounger in the shade!!!! And even then we had people remove our towels and stuff from the chaise while we were in the pool. People had no shame about it. Norwegian needs to do something about this problem!!! Deck space in the shade on the Norwegian Sun is scarce.

The cruise director was very good as well as the rest of his staff. Plenty of places on this ship to enjoy music every night! have not laughed so hard at some of the shows. The Comedian, Don Freisan , I think his name was and El Gaucho were very entertaining, as well as the hypnotist--don't miss them.

I do have to say that we both found the food only medium quality. Breakfast was by far the best. Omlette bar staff did great omlettes--also the pasta bar at lunch and evening was good. We found desserts lacking and I could use much more seasoning with most of the food. The staff however was exceptional--always asking if they could carry my plate for me at buffet.

The staff in every instance for us was great. Room steward, Raj, couldn't have been more helpful or nice! We think that we would like to try RCCL for our next cruise, but I may just opt for the NCL Sun again because of the great staff!!!

Publication Date: 03/27/14