Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by KS Love: Just an OK experience this time.. look into another boat

KS Love
Member Since 2008

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Just an OK experience this time.. look into another boat

Sail Date: March 2014

Overall this cruise was not my favorite. I will break it down below:

First off: I would suggest not going during College/University Spring Breaks. The month of March basically. Me and my girlfriend felt we were on the set of MTV's Spring Break shows the whole time. The ONE pool on this boat was filled to capacity most of the time as well as the Jacuzzi. Screaming drunk kids running through the halls all night yelling college school chants. If you want a relaxing experience..avoid this time of the year on probably any cruise line, but in particular Carnival.

Embarkation: This was the fastest experience getting on a cruise so far! Hint:Get to the Port early! They say they don't start check-in until 12:30, but you don't have to wait till then. Basically, we were on the boat and heading to lunch by 11:30 am.

Cabin/Cabin Steward: The room size was good.. we had a balcony room for the first time. I really enjoyed that. However, the room showed its age. I dont More think steward paid attention to detail, cleaning wise. There were towels that looked dirty, with the last cruisers hair stuck to it. ( Hair was all over the room actually) Then the bathroom always smelled like pee/poo/sewage. The room was also the dustiest room ive seen.

( Probably the reason I ended up sick)

Food: The food was pretty blah...more options are needed. I was excited about Seaday Brunch...nope..it was terrible!. Why were the pancakes like a pale yellow/white and tasted like paper? smh..

Food Service During dinner and breakfast: Very slow! Food took forever every time in the dinning room. If you want your food in a decent amount of time.. go to the buffet.

Entertainment: Punchliner Comedy shows were great. Comedians were pretty good! Go and get your seats early.

Ports: Key West is awesome if we had more time there.. 7:30 am -1pm.. not enough time at all. But the bars seemed to be open pretty early. Cozumel...very nice place! Do the private beach excursion. It was the best part of the whole trip!!

Debarkation: Once again.. VERY fast experience.. take your own luggage off the boat, and don't wait till your floor has been called. Get up early, and get yourself down to gangway and roll out!

Conclusion: I think this boat is about ready to be retired(circa 1991). I would not suggest to any of my friends to get on this boat, and I will look at bigger newer boats from now on. Hope this helps. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>