Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by bandrich

Member Name: bandrich
Cruise Date: March 2014
Entertainment 5+

Did our homework + made a plan = Excellent Vacation

First of all thank you to all you fellow cruisers who really helped to make our cruise worth every minute. We took the advice of others, decided what we wanted (balcony stateroom, posh pass, chef's table and reservations for Blue Man Group, Legends, Circus Ole and all excursions). Only downside is that we learned we really should have splurged on a Haven Spa Suite after a tour of the Haven and Thermal Spa...we will definitely spend the extra for an over the top vacation next time.

The things I feared from the reviews ended up to not be a problem at all.

Posh Pass - meant a quite area to enjoy the outdoors in comfort, reading my book, listening to music and having drinks and snacks/meals being brought right to me never feeling crowded.

Smoke - not as horrible a problem as I read about. They have limited the smoking area in the casino and have some sort of clean air machines that work. Smoke gives me a headache, makes my nose run and I sneeze uncomfortably...none of which I experienced in the interior of the ship. I WISH THE GUY ON THE BALCONY UPSTAIRS FROM US WOULD HAVE LOST HIS SMOKES...I HATED HAVING TO CLOSE MY BALCONY DOOR TO AVOID HIS SMOKE. Problem solved on our next cruise, stay in the Haven where no smoking is allowed on the balcony. I also wrote a suggestion in my review that NCL change their balcony smoking rule for those of us who have a terrible reaction to smoke...not to mention the health risk involved with second hand smoke.

Too many people: not a problem whatsoever. Even mentioned to my husband at our second very private dinner that we never really waited for food or felt crowed at shows or entertainment venues. Even had quite time at piano bar, jazz club, watching a movie under the stars and at Wasbi with only a few other couples in attendance.

Waiting for Food or Bad Food: We had the chef's table one night...more than excellent and worth every penny. Sushi twice that was $16.50 the first visit and $26 the second with a Martini and the red wine from the bottle we purchased at one of the shows. O'Sheehan's was a little slow, but we were on vacation and a leisurely lunch was perfect, plus we never felt rushed. Le Bistro was only outdone by the chef's table and will also be on our list. We got fresh fruit every morning either at the buffet or main dining breakfast, my husband got his daily need for chocolate fulfilled each day without a wait or problem.

Entertainment was the best: We did Blue Man Group - strange and very funny; Legends - we love music; Second City funny but a little short (about 45 min); Circus Ole perfect meal and seating on second row to see the who without all the people running around you; Dueling Piano Bar was so much fun we could not pull ourselves away until 2 am both times we went; movies under the stars were peaceful and fun; Martini Bar piano was a nice way to spend the evening and while the photographs were little pricey, we never take pictures of anyone but the kids and grandchildren, so it is nice to have some photographs of ourselves.

Publication Date: 03/26/14