Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by bandrich

Member Name: bandrich
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
GREAT FIRST CRUISE

Alaska was amazing, but it was even more special with a ship full of people who made you feel like family. I was not very excited and nervous about cruising. Since we leave for our second cruise in less than two weeks it is obvious we had a wonderful time.

Our room was spotless, our steward was always around and made our bed at least twice a day without us ever asking. The shows were fun, we upgraded to dinner at the pay venues and were very pleased with the service and quality of the food. The salmon, lobster and halibut were melt in your mouth wonderful and fresh fruit for breakfast was perfect. One morning when I asked for a biscuit to go with the fruit and the waiter brought an entire plate full of biscuits with gravy and assorted jellies and jams, which I almost felt guilty for not finishing as I really just wanted one biscuit. My husband was happy to help out. We were exhausted after each excursion and taking a nap was a must. We were surprised that our room was very quiet and we never heard anyone else while in our stateroom. Our cruise director was amazing and I was sure that he had a twin, because the man was everywhere always with a smile and helpful suggests or directs for the guests. Our last port did not end the fun, as we were told by the crew about a great tour that let us see a wildlife refuge and the scenic roadway from the port into Anchorage, a great dinner at another suggestion of helpful crew members and to the airport for our ride home. My best suggestion would be that you really study the excursions and pick what is best for you. We did our homework, spent a little more than we had originally planned but the experiences were worth every cent.

Publication Date: 03/26/14
Read the Alaska ports review by bandrich
More Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews