Royal Princess Cruise Review by G6PD

Royal Princess
Member Name: G6PD
Cruise Date: March 2014
Cabin Number: R240
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

emraf

Second and last Princess cruise!!! Getting on board was tedious, long and not well coordinated> We were on the 14th deck and walked the steps up to our cabin since the wait for an elevator was so long and they were always full. We got to our balcony stateroom - nice but the balcony size was a joke! Barely 2 0f us could fit there at the same time.

The food experience was next -we ate in the anytime dining room 3 times - food was mediocre and it took forever to get our food. On one of the "formal" nights we opted for the buffet- the food was cold and looked like it was left over from lunch! The best food we had was at Alfredos- wish they were open for all meals!

Missed the promenade where we could walk- had to go to the 18th deck and use the path- open air and lots of wind! Trying to walk anywhere outside on deck one was subjected to the fresh aroma of sewage! Oh and the pool area- more towels on lounge chairs than people using them- staff I thought were suppose to remove them if not being used after 30 minutes but I never saw this happen.

The entertainment- except for the wonderful comedian, everything else was just ok. Three days at sea was way too much for me unless I wanted to go to a knitting group or Bible study- just not enough interesting things for me to do since I could not get a lounge chair by the pool. I am not a first time cruiser, but I am very disappointed with this cruise as I thought that a new ship would be wonderful! I am headed back to Royal Caribbean for my next cruise!

Publication Date: 03/26/14